[Resolved] JMP Beta Freezes Ubuntu 11.04 Desktop

Greetings,

I am using the latest version of JMP Beta as well as 64-bit Ubuntu 11.04 using Gnome classic. My graphics card currently is a ATI RV370 (its a loaner until I get a new nvidia card).

Versions reported by JMP

Product Version: jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.0beta
Java: 1.6.0_26; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 20.1-b02
System: Linux version 2.6.38-13-generic running on amd64; UTF-8; en_NZ (jmonkeyplatform)
Userdir: /home/mspeth/.jmonkeyplatform/3.0beta

My Problem: JMP randomly crashes. If I launch an application I work on, when I exist the application, the entire desktop freezes. Meaning, the desktop stops accepting keyboard and mouse input. I have to reboot the computer to recover.

Any ideas of what might be wrong?

Maybe try changing the look and feel using the --laf command line option? If the desktop also fails in combination with this I guess its something like that.

Edit: Also do you have the OpenGL window open when that happens?

Have you checked to see if vanilla NetBeans 7.0.1 (or whichever is latest) works without any issues?

@normen said:
Maybe try changing the look and feel using the --laf command line option? If the desktop also fails in combination with this I guess its something like that.
Edit: Also do you have the OpenGL window open when that happens?

What is the --laf? I've tried it but get the following output:
./jmonkeyplatform --laf
UI class name expected, using default UI...

Also, I don't have any OpenGL windows open when it crashes.
@erlend_sh said:
Have you checked to see if vanilla NetBeans 7.0.1 (or whichever is latest) works without any issues?

Are you asking if NetBeans works with the JME application I'm developing?

I think its a problem with the video card or motherboard. I tried Tribal Trouble 2, and on launch, it locked up the computer.

@Conzar said:
Are you asking if NetBeans works with the JME application I'm developing?

Hm, yeah. First of all I was wondering if plain NetBeans runs smoothly, but I suppose in order to test it properly you would have to set it up with jMonkeyEngine and try run an application, yeah.

Anyhow, judging by your last reply it seems your problems might be unrelated to jME.