Discourse does not support Categories as mere “category containers” the way bbPress does. A category in Discourse must accept threads. (Parent category permissions overwrite children, so no trickery is possible here either).
So while bbPress can have a parent “Development” category without threads in it, Discourse cannot. This impacts the category dynamic, and I don’t think our current set-up plays well with this slightly different categories paradigm.
For starters I suggest we reform the Development category. Many of its sub-categories will be promoted to parents.
- /c/development-discussion-jme3 → /c/development (consumes the current and becomes the new parent)
- /c/workshop (to-be-retired)
- /c/community-plugins (to-be-reformed)
- /c/documentation-jme3 → /c/documentation
We also have a meaningless parent for Projects at the moment. Therefore:
- /c/user-code-projects → /c/projects (becomes new Projects parent)
If I don’t hear any convincing arguments in the next 24hrs, I’ll apply these changes.