Revision 9116 breaking InputManager

Hi,

the InputManager is broken since revision 9116.

In line 654 it doesn’t have a member joyInput.

I think it has to be joysticks.

regards

I see it’s fixed with r9119. ^^

Well but now i do have another issue.

In line 204 of the FlyByCamera the method getJoysticks() of the InputManager is called. If there is no joystick a IllegalStateException is thrown but not handled by the FlyByCamera. And the SimpleApplication also doesn’t handle it. So the tests don’t work anymore.

I have the issue as well, it’s imposible to use that camera while having joystickinput disabled. (good for me I use a own camera class taht is partly siilar, just a short delete and I can continue for now)

@Momoko_Fan deliberately adds issues to the nightly code so that people use stable xD He’s just playing with you, all of his commits break the build ^^

1 Like

I knew it XD

Oh that is the plan… i didn’t knew it… ^^

lol, that’s too bad. I follow the nightly builds because I find it easier to change out one deprecated class or method every now and then rather than having to go through and rewrite big sections when stable releases come out.

@canis85 said:
lol, that's too bad. I follow the nightly builds because I find it easier to change out one deprecated class or method every now and then rather than having to go through and rewrite big sections when stable releases come out.

But it makes more sense doing the latter as the final way the changes will be is only certain when its released, so you don't know if you adapt your code to a temporary workaround or the "real deal".

@normen that’s true. Also I’ve been seeing less “big changes” since Beta came out, so I guess I should just reinstall and stay on stable. Plus, that way when I tweak the engine myself I won’t have to redo the tweaks as often :stuck_out_tongue: