River using the PostProcessWater(ocean/lake)

just to be clear I was talking about the picture Ali posted, not your work :wink:

1 Like

On which hardware? If is on integrated video card that’s quite an accomplishment! :slight_smile:

Intel Xeon CPU E5-1650 v2 3.50GHz (6 cores), 32GB RAM and an AMD FirePro W9100 GPU with 16VRAM
(that’s my work station, my computer at home is far not so good :wink: )

… and 20 fps you say ? … no offence, but you must be the worst programmer on the planet to only get 20fps from that …

I don’t know why you are so cold toward him but he still as done a particle water system. Even if it run slow on an expansive build it doesn’t mean he suck at programming. It only mean he didn’t knew how to do it better.

He probably didn’t use the right thing to emulated the physic collision and I have no idea how he did his particle. Anyway he tried it, that s what count.

Anyway for now I will try to do @pspeed idea if it turn out fast and it as potential then i will make a lib out of it.

Take care, and thank you to everyone for the idea. I will keep watching the thread if anyone got a good idea i will listen to it :stuck_out_tongue: .

@thetoucher I just want to be clear: In my simulation, I raytrace the terrain (a levelset) of size up to 1024^3, perform the fluid simulation of more than 200.000 particles and simulate erosion (dissolving, deposition, transportation, diffusion of sediment; creates river beds, overhangs, caves, …). All this together leads to 20 FPS.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see your code that provides better performance then :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m only so cold and harsh, since the graphics card alone cost more than my entire rig… I was very surprised to see only 20fps.

My code is around, on the forums and my blog, feel free to browse at your leisure @Pesegato

Done that. You made lots of cool things (ton of kudos for that) but I didn’t see fluid simulation, much less OpenCL accelerated ones…

well apparently you didn’t look very hard, but I suppose I should’nt expect any more from someone exhibiting such limited skill =/

if your not ready to play kid, please stop wasting everyone time by stepping up.

this may be of assistance to you @Pesegato.

(I’ve clearly been on my rag the last week, if you’re going to come at me, at least have some idea what you’re talking about, I welcome the challenge)

We’re getting there… just a few more and in regard, people will think we are wonderful persons…
You’re so good at being an ass, dude…

2 Likes

thanks dude =) A wise man once said “an artist is only as good as his subject matter…”

1 Like

you shouldn’t make fun of retards, its not cool bro, not cool…

5 Likes

lol well shit…GOD DAMN IT!!! all I can say is you beat me fair and square! well played sir, well played =)

I don’t think I can be angry anymore

2 Likes

@Pesegato you broke our “Fuck you” bot…

2 Likes

he did, I’m still trying to figure out what just happened

Real life insult sword fighting:slight_smile:

3 Likes