Road system

Any chance to see something like that for Terramonkey?

Hm would be great having something similar in the terrain system.

think where the raod is could be myade with the texture that determins the material t a place, but I wonder what would be the best way to have it orianteated correctly?

I guess it would require an extension to the terrain shader that draws the street texture from base textures based on some info in the terrain but it shouldn’t be that much of a problem. Height stuff and drawing could be done in the TerraMonkey editor so very possible, yes. But I don’t think anyone would make that a priority right now so @neuron if you want this in quick I suggest you take a look at the TerraMonkey shaders and editor and try to put something together, then you might have a chance of somebody getting into it with you faster.

normen said:
I guess it would require an extension to the terrain shader that draws the street texture from base textures based on some info

I tought about two ways: manual editing and road data from extern sources.

normen said:
in the terrain but it shouldn't be that much of a problem. Height stuff and drawing could be done in the TerraMonkey editor so very possible,

Thats true. But doing things like this could be realy time consuming:

completely integrated into the terrain - no terrain poking through the road surface ever. The integration also modifies the surrounding terrain to make the embedment natural. Side of the road is initially smooth up to a specified border width (can be specified per road spline node), and after that the fractal roughness gradually takes on.

.or

Routing the road through a rock or hill makes rocky slopes with defined steepness on the side.

normen said:But I don't think anyone would make that a priority right now

It also has not a high priority for my project at this time.

normen said:
I guess it would require an extension to the terrain shader that draws the street texture from base textures based on some info in the terrain but it shouldn't be that much of a problem. Height stuff and drawing could be done in the TerraMonkey editor so very possible,

But to have all the features, a terrain with fractal datail is needed. Before it is worthwhile to begin with that, this should be integrated into the terrain.