Rotation possibly Alterd

I have a Non-Widget game that loads a terrain & sky dome, then after initialized proceeds to load other MSACII models when stimulated by an external source. That all pretty much functions as desired.

When using WidgetViewports, the models loaded post initialization seem to have their Rotation askew 90-180 degrees on one or more axies. LocalTranslation seems to be ok. Any idea if Widgets could be causing this?

Thanks.

It’s possible that WidgetViewport is affecting it. I converted several of the jME demos to run in the WidgetViewport test app and they worked without any trouble.

I’ll be happy to take a look at your code of you want me to.

Gregg

A possible thing to check. Are you using CameraNode? If so, your camera’s orientation is going to be (1,0,0) left, (0,1,0) up, (0,0,1) dir initially. This is 180 degrees deferent than the typical (-1,0,0)(0,1,0)(0,0,-1) orientation used without the camera node. Camera node will also override any orientation settings you have applied to the camera itself.

Gregg,

I’ll have to reduce my app to a simpler case so you don’t have to sift through all my external data processing. I’ll post that when i get it put together.

Thanks.

Lynn

Mojomonk,

Yes - I am using a cameraNode. That explains some model behavior I was seeing. Hopefully I can get my rotations straightened out now.

Thanks.

Lynn

Mojomonk,

I removed the cameraNode from my app and am still haveing the model rotations askewed - I’ll try to put together a simplifed scenario…

Thanks.

Lynn

Gregg,

I’m not sure why, but transposing the rotation matrix3f of the msacii’s fixed the problem.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I started looking at your code this morning. It may be this weekend before I can spend some quality time with it. I’ll let you know if I figure anything out. Let me know if you discover anything.

Gregg