Rover Run v0.1

pretty cool.

But there are no textures on the trees?

AMD 2200+

Gforce 6600 GT

Java 1.5.0_06

Nice! This is fun, and then even more fun, and it has nice graphics as well, and well-tuned physics… Oh, and it's fun, of course. Did I mention?  :slight_smile:

However, there seem to be some references to local files in your tree models - as snareoj says: the trees don't have textures. Maybe you forgot to set the texurl property of your model loader properly?

Hevee, thanks for pointing out local texture references. Was puzzilng over that :wink:

Just put a new version up that replaces the render to texture ui element so those that we having  trouble running it before should give it another shot.

Will get the trees fixed this afternoon.

Thanks again, and I'm glad you are all enjoying it :slight_smile:

Linux issues here, doesn't appear that the ODEJava is included in the webstart for Linux.

Windows, I'm still not seeing the tree textures.

Trees have been fixed :slight_smile:

At the suggestion of my wife I have added a teeter totter to the first level. Its just behind your starting point.

The object of the teeter totter is to get the truck to balance on it.

To get one side down so that you can drive up onto it, press the 'T' key to apply some force to one side.

This is just a quick addition to get some feedback, so no timer or scoring yet.

Enjoy!  :smiley:

And another update  :stuck_out_tongue:

I went ahead and added the Teeter Totter as a game type, variable throttle control and steering sensitivity, and an actual (if not rather bare) loading screen.

nice work (=

Thanks Peter

azathoth said:

Thanks Peter

Search the off topic forum, and you should find a link to an open content repostory created by one of jME's users :slight_smile:

Yeah, I hear it’s 'da bomb. :-p

http://www.logicalnetwork.com

darkfrog

I just put up a new version with a redesigned suspension. It now properly behaves like a solid (live) axle truck instead of an independent suspension.

Now I just need to simulate open and locked differentials  :smiley:

You need Deer and other animals that run about in the game…would make for a much more interesting, albeit more gruesome, game.  :roll:

darkfrog

darkfrog said:

You need Deer and other animals that run about in the game....would make for a much more interesting, albeit more gruesome, game.

Rover Run Over?

I like it! :slight_smile:

…so long as there aren't any frogs that is…or if there are frogs, if you hit it you'll flip your vehicle. :-p

darkfrog

The latest is up with the configure suspension dialog. The definitions of each setting are on the web page.

I also changed the steering slightly so that the front wheels dont turn to the same angle. This should improve vehicle stability somewhat.

darkfrog said:

I like it! :)

....so long as there aren't any frogs that is....or if there are frogs, if you hit it you'll flip your vehicle. :-p

The little town I used to live in in Belgium had a frog crossing sign on one of the roads. Maybe I should that sign in so none of your brethren get squished...

I want a picture of a frog crossing sign! That would be awesome!

darkfrog

http://www.nabu-oldenburg.de/infos/amphibien_2.jpg

Not my pic, but I don’t think anybody would object if some frog used it as a base for his logo or something… :wink:

hehe, that's awesome. :slight_smile:

darkfrog