Run jmonkey with low graphic performance in jmonkeyplatform

Hi,

I’ new to jmonkey.

I did some stuff with XNA game engine.

But I love java programming and I decided to move to jmonkey too.

I use “HP pavilion dv6 – 3022E” model laptop.

Window7 – 64bit operating system.

Memory : 4GB

Graphic card : ATI catalyst switchable VGA card between intel® HD graphics core-i5 and ATI 4730 VGA card.

In XNA, we can change the graphic performance use to develop the game inside the platform.

So, in visual studio, the settings can be change as following;

After created a XNA project,

Go to : “Project” ->select “ properties” - >it will open a new tab.

There, we can change the settings…

http://i.imgur.com/kvabW.jpg - image of window in visual studio.

Can we do something like that in “jmonkeyplatform”.

Thanks in advance !.

I guess I’ll just set the renderer to switch to OpenGL1 automatically but warn the user. I can’t promise this for beta though as this would likely cause other confusion and/or cover other problems until release.

1 Like

Actually, it wasn’t that hard :wink: Added to svn, should be in the build tomorrow.

1 Like

@normen: These options only change the settings for the scene viewer. I think what the OP was asking was to change the settings for the game.

But this is useful too :smiley:

1 Like
gihanchanuka said:
In XNA, we can change the graphic performance use to develop the game inside the platform.
Can we do something like that in “jmonkeyplatform”.

I think I got him right :)

@normen what means by “swing ui incompatibilities with some system.” ?

Another thing, is it possible to introduce a PLAY button, so you can play the game inside the screen composer? Without going through all the setting, and new window up and so on.

iamcreasy said:
@normen what means by "swing ui incompatibilities with some system." ?

Another thing, is it possible to introduce a PLAY button, so you can play the game inside the screen composer? Without going through all the setting, and new window up and so on.

In order to display the heavy-weight canvas the OpenGL context has to be bound to the OS object representing an area on the GUI (e.g. window handle in Windows OS). In many cases this causes many issues especially when you combine bad drivers, java, lwjgl, and the graphics driver.
The other option is to use the new AWT panel system, that one creates an OpenGL context that is not linked to any GUI (it is invisible), instead the rendered scene data is copied into an AWT image and then drawn using vanilla Java2D onto the GUI.
Momoko_Fan said:
In order to display the heavy-weight canvas the OpenGL context has to be bound to the OS object representing an area on the GUI (e.g. window handle in Windows OS). In many cases this causes many issues especially when you combine bad drivers, java, lwjgl, and the graphics driver.

So, why there is no issue when OpenGl 1 context will be used?
iamcreasy said:
So, why there is no issue when OpenGl 1 context will be used?

Cause the OpenGL1 parts of the drivers have been written and debugged years ago ;)
Edit: Though the OpenGL1 option has nothing to do with the lwjgl canvas. It just tells the engine that its allowed to run on OpenGL1.

OpenGL version has nothing to do with what I was talking about… If changing OpenGL version fixes it then its a different issue

normen said:
Actually, it wasn't that hard ;) Added to svn, should be in the build tomorrow.

I develop JME3 with jmonkey platform. But I haven't Open GL1 in it:?.
I search inside plugins, but I failed.
How can I add SVN (or open GL1).

Below, I added a pic. of my option window.
http://imgur.com/ODaI3Thanks in Advance..!

Remember that big fat welcome screen? Now if you could only remember what it said… Too bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Press F1 and read the manual on updating.