Running a program fails

Hi,

I just recently downloaded the latest version of the JMonkeyPlatform after uninstalling it due to some technical issues.

After trying to run a project (that was working previously) here is what I get:

run:

C:UsersNicholas Lee-HoneAppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatform3.0betavarcacheexecutor-snippetsrun.xml:52: java.io.IOException:

Cannot run program “C:Program FilesJavajdk1.7.0binjava.exe” (in directory “C:UsersNicholas Lee-HoneDropboxProgrammingCharacterController”): CreateProcess error=216, This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.fork(Java.java:798)

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.executeJava(Java.java:214)

many more lines like this.

Anyone have any Idea what is going on?

Looks like your Java install is borked.

Redownload and reinstall will most likely fix the problem. Alternatively uninstall first.

Also make sure you have the JDK too, not just the JRE.

1 Like

Did you download a 64 bit version of java when your machine is 32 bit, or vice versa? It could be that there are some bad files left over from the uninstall of the SDK. I suggest uninstalling it again, and removing any files it might have left over in the C:/Program Files/jmonkeyengine/ directory, then reinstall it again.

1 Like

So I did a complete reinstall of java and of JME. I noticed that I had java 7 and decided to install java 6 instead this time. Seems to have cleared up the problem.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like