Running app on my phone via USB

Hi,

I’m trying to run the basic app demo on my Android phone plugged in with USB. I have USB debugging enabled, but only get the message “Waiting for device”. Copying the .apk on my sd card and installing works fine. I read the android documentation but didn’t find any solution for this. My Android device is Huawei U8800.

Thanks in forward!

You need the drivers for the device ( the drivers for usb debug).
Then you have to turn the developer mode on, on the device, and then turn on USB debugging.
see here http://www.theandroidsoul.com/android-4-2-developer-mode-is-a-tricky-thing-heres-how-its-done/

I guess I have the developer mode activated since I’ve got the developer options menu? Yes, I’ve checked in the USB debugging mode there, and when I connect the phone it says “USB debuggin connected” on the notifications drawer.

The rom I’m using is Aurora ICS 4.0.4(the phone is rooted.)

@pate5 said: I guess I have the developer mode activated since I've got the developer options menu? Yes, I've checked in the USB debugging mode there, and when I connect the phone it says "USB debuggin connected" on the notifications drawer.

The rom I’m using is Aurora ICS 4.0.4(the phone is rooted.)

Sounds ok. Not sure if the custom rom could be a problem…

That lets you with checking if you have proper usb drivers for the device

I installed the newest Google USB drivers. I tested it with my brothers Galaxy S 2 and it worked fine, but still not working on my phone… So I guess it’s about my rom then. Didn’t find any specific USB drivers for the rom I’m using.