Scaling Terrain?

Hello, I have a problem with terrain scaling.

I wanted to create a terrain with large mountains and found the “setHeighScale” method, however when I tried to add it to “TerrainTest” (one of the demo/test classes supplied with the SDK) it had no effect at all.

Do you still have this problem, and can you provide a small test case?

Sorry I didn’t get the email notice that a topic was posted here, or else I would have replied sooner.

If you are using setHeightScale() you need to get the height with getScaledHeightMap() instead of getHeightMap(). It is a bit silly and is legacy code from jme2 that I think I will remove and just have the scale tie into the actual height values.

@sploreg, no email on the start of the thread because I moved it here from another subforum…

ah sneaky :slight_smile:

@Sploreg said:
Sorry I didn't get the email notice that a topic was posted here, or else I would have replied sooner.

If you are using setHeightScale() you need to get the height with getScaledHeightMap() instead of getHeightMap(). It is a bit silly and is legacy code from jme2 that I think I will remove and just have the scale tie into the actual height values.

Ahhhh, I will try that - thanks !