Scene Composer does not save edits to j3o

I have a simple map model I made to test some AI stuff in. I’m trying to calculate the NavMesh in Scene Composer (as well as rearrange some things), but when I save, then reopen the j3o file, the changes I made are gone. Any renaming, moving, new spatials, changes to positions, doesn’t save. Here’s exactly what I’m doing:

1. Open Map.j3o in Scene Composer
  2. Add a Node to the scene (on the same level as the Geometry)
  3. Rename Geometry child, then move Geometry to being a Child of the Node added above
  4. Right click new Node > Add Spatial > NavMesh
  5. After navmesh calculates, click Save All in the top left
  6. Close SceneComposer

I’ve checked other threads with similar problems but none of their conditions meet mine. There are no exceptions being thrown in the bottom right, I’ve tried doing “save” and “save-all”, and I’m not re-converting the OBJ to J3O. It just won’t save the changes to my j3o file. Here’s the Map.j3o file:

Can anyone recreate this issue following the same steps above?

EDIT: It may be worth mentioning my specs.
Intel i5-3570K
8GB RAM
AMD R9-280X with AMD 15.7.1 drivers
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I never messed with Scene Composer before I was on Windows 10 so I don’t know if it was having troubles on Windows 7 or if it might be OS-related.

1 Like

I can’t recreate it… This is 3.0 stable yeah?

Yep, just fresh installed when I updated the other day. My boot disk is a solid-state drive, but my projects are stored on a secondary hard-drive in the PC. I can save other files and things just fine, so I don’t think it’s related to permissions. I’m still looking around to see if it’s something I’m missing.

EDIT: If I create a new scene (right click Models > New > Empty jME3 Scene), then right click the map and click “Add to SceneComposer”, I can then add the nav mesh and make other changes that are properly saved.

1 Like