Scene Management

Hi All,

I was wondering how basic scene management is accomplished in JMonkey. The app that I am writing is not actually a game, but its a visual real time app, so a game engine works well for it.

I was hoping to have a Splash screen come up while some stuff loaded (listed who created the app etc, and give credit to other researchers working on this project).

After words present a screen sort of like a title screen, you can choose what you want to do, ie, collect data remotely, collect data locally, etc.

On the collect data (either local or remotely) there should be a few windows that slide back and forth. In one window the idea is to have the 3d model of a dog along with buttons one can push that collects data differently, if you click on a thing, or move your mouse enough to the right a video feed should pop up and show the actual test subject (dont worry, the most invasive thing we are doing is giving dogs treats for performing certain tricks).

The idea I had for how best to accomplish this was to have an array of an abstract class called scene that had a bunch of data associated with it (should it draw, where should it draw, should it update, at what fps, etc etc) and loop through those in the main app loop.

I am having tons of issues with this stratedgy, mostly in initializing things and accessing the asset manager etc.

What is the recommended stratedgy for JMonkey? I would like too keep everything as modular and maintainable as possible.

Thanks,

~David

Check the Documentation section of this site, it contains detailed information. Also, please use the troubleshooting forums for these kinds of request.