Scheduling events within a program

For MMORPGs Darkstar is probably a better solution.

Like what was said in this thread, if you're creating something that's p2p (like diablo 2 or even counter-strike) you could turn your regular game into a networkable game in probably 30 minutes.

If you've got millions of creatures, objects, and other things running around in a world, JGN isn't the easiest solution, and Darkstar is.

In fact, I believe Darkfrog said Darkstar is more suited to MMOs, but I can't find the quote.

Yes…

I've read all that

My question was why it is?

Was there any real benchmarking to compare or it's just a theory?

After i posted here I posted at darkstar forums as well:

http://www.projectdarkstar.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,120/topic,559.0

While i wanted to post here to get a less "fanatic" answer,

they seem to have given me some answers that are ok still i'd rather if darkstar was more like JGN which is more flexible. I hate to be forced to do things the "right way" which is always proven wrong after some time. I'd rather do things in a way that i can modify later without messing up my whole architecture.

IMO, and I could very well be wrong, it's because JGN is really good at keeping two nodes sync'd. If you've got an MMORPG, you've got millions of things you can't add into a single node, so you have to start using some workarounds. Darkstar is a more traditional server approach, so it doesn't use any synchronization of the nodes, you'll need to decide what you're sending and what you're interpreting.

Also, I believe darkstar was designed to detect new servers and run them in parallel to hide crashes and other things… they were talking about how it could handle every player in an MMO in the same world (unlike WoW which has different realms).