[SDK] My first blog in Netbean DZone(which mention our SDK): Translate Netbean + SDK

My first blog in Netbean DZone: Translate Netbean into other Language than English (which mention our SDK)

http://netbeans.dzone.com/nb-in-vietnamese

Yes, I translated Netbean platform and of course JME SDK into Vietnamese to help more game developers in my country keep up with the changes of 3d technology. Some time the technology is not the barrier but the human language!

I think some one could find this interesting too because it’s not only related to language translating but also quite a nice introduction about JME its self!

If you want to know something about translate SDK, I will answer in this thread!

4 Likes

very_nice_:)_im_sure_this_will_help_a_lot_of_people

the_space_button_dont_work_on_this_comp_btw.i_will_edit_when_im_home

2 Likes

mmuAAAHuAHAUHAUHAHUAA. Laughed out loud xD.
@wezrule said:
very_nice_:)_im_sure_this_will_help_a_lot_of_people

Heheh. Nice.

Also, in a pinch... hold the alt key and type 32 on the num pad.. then release the alt key. Tada... a space.

...assuming the alt-key wasn't eaten off when the space bar was. :)
1 Like

lol, I think the easiest way would be copying a space in forum and then pasting it multiple times :).

@glaucomardano said:
lol, I think the easiest way would be copying a space in forum and then pasting it multiple times :).

Yes, but the alt track is like super cool old school. :) You could to it once and then copy-paste that. :)

Works for any ascii code... ░▒▓│

Wow cool, thanks for expanding our reach. @normen how are we handling translations?

p.s. this post was written with alt+32 followed by copy/pasting because it’s bad ass.

1 Like
@erlend_sh said:
Wow cool, thanks for expanding our reach. @normen how are we handling translations?

Uh.. I don't know xD
@normen said:
Uh.. I don't know xD

http://i.imgur.com/DLrwl.jpg
2 Likes

As I’m as smart about NetBeans localization as our Koala here (the best xD)… @atomix, can you enlighten me? What does a NetBeans app do to localize? Is it as easy as installing some language pack in a plugin? I didn’t look into this yet, so if you have any hints to make… Else I’ll check into it.

@normen:

To localize the UI:

• we have to duplicate the bundle.properties ,

• translate it

• then pack it up with the right jar name,

• copy it to the locale folder of the platform folder

To translate we use a program named OmegaT

To make a locale pack into a Plugin:
It's not really easy to make a locale pack into a Plugin, really... I'm working on it now and will have a part two of the article above soon :p
1 Like

Okay, so basically the bundles as a separate jar? Seems doable.

1 Like
@normen said:
Okay, so basically the bundles as a separate jar? Seems doable.

That's right, seems like Germany SDK translation is on the way.
@atomix said:
That's right, seems like Germany SDK translation is on the way.

I turn on english in all apps I can, german is just too verbose, for some five-letter menu items you get like 15-letter words cluttering the screen ;)

ich habe eine schwarnz ^^

@wezrule said:
ich habe eine schwarnz ^^

Nein. Du hast einen Schwanz. ;)
@normen said:
I turn on english in all apps I can, german is just too verbose, for some five-letter menu items you get like 15-letter words cluttering the screen ;)

Same in Vietnamese sir, you can properly say we double the words in English to translate to Vietnamese. Anyway, some time people want to read in their native language or then learn another, it's the reason why I translate it to help more developer in my country to play with JME better... And even maybe it's worthless, I will translate the application help set after the UI
1 Like

oui, @pspeed hast zwei schwanz und @normen hast jME funf sieben schwimmen

@wezrule said:
oui, @pspeed hast zwei schwanz und @normen hast jME funf sieben schwimmen

lolwut? ^^

- Ich habe einen Schwanz
- Du hast einen Schwanz
- Er hat einen Schwanz

- Wir haben einen Schwanz
- Ihr habt einen Schwanz
- Sie haben einen Schwanz
1 Like