SDK-RC2 - Applet issue

Hello,

After a few months being very busy I finally have free time to continue with my game and jmonkey. Yeaaaahh!!

I’ve seen that there is a new SDK release, the RC2, congratulations!!!, you are done a great job.

So I downloaded it and installed in a directory called jmonkeyplatformRC2.

After that, I’ve created a new project and populated it with the assests and the code from a project developed with the previous sdk.

The game runs perfect and all is ok.

However, after checking the applet deployment and built it, I have lauched the example web page (“run-applet”) and I’ve the following exception in the java console:

[java]Exception in thread “LWJGL Renderer Thread” java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (“java.util.PropertyPermission” “user.home” “read”)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)

at com.jme3.app.state.VideoRecorderAppState.initialize(VideoRecorderAppState.java:144)

at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.initializePending(AppStateManager.java:219)

at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:249)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:238)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglCanvas.runLoop(LwjglCanvas.java:229)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:228)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[/java]

The problem wasn’t in the previous SDK so I copied the complete project (from the older SDK working directory) to the RC2 working directory, opened and built it with the RC2, and after launching the run-applet the game runs wihtout problems.

Is it possible to have both SDKs installed?

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

You might need to sign your application to do something you are doing.

1 Like

Thanks perfecticus.

As you said, I need to sign my aplication. After signed the aplication, it runs again.

However I thought that the signing process for an applet was done automatically by the SKD. I don’t know if this issue is particular for my system or the SDK-RC2 has some kind of bug with that.

No I dont believe there is automatic signing built in.

I’ve always been required to sign my jars manually after building it.

Normally, the applet should run out of the box because it uses the signed lwjgl applet launcher. I’ve just tested it and it works. There was a warning that the certificate of lwjgl has expired, but I could choose to ignore that.