SDK samples stability?

I have just downloaded the JME SDK and I am trying to run the samples. Some of them work fine but many either look weird (like shrinking arms in a walking animation, in another one the poor guy gets spaghettified) or I get hard crashes when running the water simulations, only solveable by pressing the power button. Are the samples meant to run more smoothly than this, or are they not updated for the beta I have downloaded? Or is it because of my clunky old Vista system - this is what JME says about the hardware I am running on:

Running on jMonkeyEngine 3.0.0 Beta

Extraction Directory: C:UsersagslindaAppDataRoaming.jmonkeyplatform3.0beta

Using LWJGL 2.8.1

Offscreen buffer created.

Adapter: atidxx32

Driver Version: 7.15.10.127

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7769 Release

Renderer: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

GLSL Ver: 1.20

Timer resolution: 1,000 ticks per second

Caps: [FrameBuffer, FrameBufferMRT, FrameBufferMultisample, OpenGL20, OpenGL21, ARBprogram, GLSL100, GLSL110, GLSL120, VertexTextureFetch, SharedExponentTexture, PackedFloatColorBuffer, TextureCompressionLATC, NonPowerOfTwoTextures]

DesktopAssetManager created.

Camera created (W: 640, H: 480)

AudioRenderer supports 64 channels

Audio effect extension version: 1.0

Audio max auxilary sends: 4

make sure you have downloaded the latest drivers for your video card, go here:

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-3000/hd-3400/pages/ati-radeon-hd-3400-overview.aspx

then top right “find a driver”

RED FACE!!! :slight_smile:

Having done the obvious and downloaded a new driver, JME gives the following hardware info:

Using LWJGL 2.8.1

Adapter: aticfx32

Driver Version: 8.17.10.1124

Using LWJGL 2.8.1

Adapter: null

Driver Version: null

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 3.3.11631 Compatibility Profile Context

Renderer: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

GLSL Ver: 3.30

Timer resolution: 1,000 ticks per second

Caps: [FrameBuffer, FrameBufferMRT, FrameBufferMultisample, TextureMultisample, OpenGL20, OpenGL21, OpenGL30, OpenGL31, OpenGL32, ARBprogram, GLSL100, GLSL110, GLSL120, GLSL130, GLSL140, GLSL150, VertexTextureFetch, TextureArray, TextureBuffer, FloatTexture, FloatColorBuffer, FloatDepthBuffer, PackedFloatTexture, SharedExponentTexture, PackedFloatColorBuffer, TextureCompressionLATC, NonPowerOfTwoTextures, MeshInstancing, VertexBufferArray]

DesktopAssetManager created.

AudioRenderer supports 64 channels

Audio effect extension version: 1.0

Audio max auxilary sends: 4

Camera created (W: 120, H: 120)

After a restart I can now run the simple water demo. The TestOgreComplexAnim sample still shows a shrinking arm so I think that is a small error in the sample.

@ags1 said:
The TestOgreComplexAnim sample still shows a shrinking arm so I think that is a small error in the sample.

hu...that's intended actually. That was to test scale in bone animation :p

Shrinking/scaling meshes during animation can be a sign of incorrect bone parenting and transform application in blender (and exported through ogre). If you do run into issues with that with your own models in the future you can refer to this thread for help on it. Hopefully we can fix these issues before then though.

But as nehon said, I guess that is correct for that test case.