SDK won't launch on Mac

Hello, I am new to the forum and have decided to try this engine out. I have followed a few guides on the wiki and am thoughrouly pleased. But as the title says I can't seem to get the SDK to launch. I just jumps up on the dock (like a monkey) and then self quits. I am running Mac OSX 1.6.8, Java 6, and the SDK from the downloads page. If you need any more system information please let me know. I have tried searching for possible errors. 

PS: I am no noob, don’t worry, I have developed a working OS but like Java much more than C :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think Java7 works on 10.6, you could try and comment out the jdk path entry in the config file so it will use apples java6 but I am not sure if it works with the SDK. See here: https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/sdk:troubleshooting#specifying_the_jdk_location

Ok, thanks for the help, unsolved but I guess that since apple wont let me upgrade to Java 7 then I can just hold out for a while. Thanks!!

Java7 is included in the SDK, you don’t need to download or install it separately but apparently it simply doesn’t work on 10.6

So you say commenting the jdk path didn’t help? Same result? What does the log say? (ringdingdingding ;))

Hey thanks, I thought you said to un-comment that line 8-O I commented it and now its all working fine. Thanks so much!!

I have a similar issue but I’m not entirely sure it’s the same. On the Mac I had prior to the one I’m currently using, I was able to just download and drag/drop the application to my Applications folder and run it there directly. For some reason I cannot do that currently because if I run jMonkey from the Applications folder it will not load all the way and silently quits. If I run it directly in my Downloads folder it opens fine and seems to be usable. I’ve tried commenting out the line to no avail so I was wondering if there was any sort of workaround.

@mjbmitch said: I have a similar issue but I'm not entirely sure it's the same. On the Mac I had prior to the one I'm currently using, I was able to just download and drag/drop the application to my Applications folder and run it there directly. For some reason I cannot do that currently because if I run jMonkey from the Applications folder it will not load all the way and silently quits. If I run it directly in my Downloads folder it opens fine and seems to be usable. I've tried commenting out the line to no avail so I was wondering if there was any sort of workaround.

You probably ran the SDK once from another location before you ran it form the Applications folder (e.g. your downloads folder). Try deleting the settings folder altogether (see the troubleshooting page)

@mjbmitch said: I have a similar issue but I'm not entirely sure it's the same. On the Mac I had prior to the one I'm currently using, I was able to just download and drag/drop the application to my Applications folder and run it there directly. For some reason I cannot do that currently because if I run jMonkey from the Applications folder it will not load all the way and silently quits. If I run it directly in my Downloads folder it opens fine and seems to be usable. I've tried commenting out the line to no avail so I was wondering if there was any sort of workaround.

I know Normen knows more about this than I do but what I have to do was unpack the .zip file in the applications folder. Then I commented out the line, but I believe it has to be unpacked inside the applications folder for some reason, try that. =D