SelectBox disable

So, I started back working on my lil project and ran into the following problems:

SelectBox:

• I can’t find a way to disable it so some users can’t change it’s selection. I tried enabled(false) with no success and can’t find a suitable exposed method. Didn’t try and go through the children to find a way because I thought it’s better as an exposed method (well, enabled).
  • I also need to be able to stop the users that can modify the selection from modifying the caption of the list items.

The rest is working peachy.

1 Like

t

@loopies
Ok… lemme see what I can do:

Problem 1: I’ll add a way of disabling this and ComboBox. This was an oversight on my part.

Problem 2: You’re enabling the Select box at some point which basically turns it into a ComboBox. For now, don’t call setEnabled(true) and this won’t happen. After the update, setting enabled to true/false will work as expected.

Thank you :).

No rush though, I mean, I really don’t need it fixed to be able to continue on my project.

@loopies said: Thank you :).

No rush though, I mean, I really don’t need it fixed to be able to continue on my project.

I committed the update that properly enables/disables SelectBox and ComboBox. I appreciate you reporting this, as I know I have not properly implemented this for many of the controls (completely forgot about it when writing them). If/when you find an issue with a control not disabling properly, just let me know and I’ll fix it pronto.

I’ll still be making an effort to find/fix these of course, but report them as you find them!

EDIT: I’ll push out an update tonight that has these changes, or you can grab them from the repo now.

1 Like

Will do. Probably be going to play with your emitters soon, so you’ll get some feedback from there too :D.

I’ll wait for the plugin to be updated and will tell you how that went.

1 Like

Just poppin in to say your patch resolved my 2 problems, thanks.