(September 2019) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to get much work done, but lately I’ve managed to get back to working on some tools for my external scene editor, specifically aiming to make it easier to edit large maps that contain many scenes.

Here’s a demo video showing the Terrain Editing tool.

The few main features in the video:

• The brush uses a texture mask for painting terrains
  • Texture Slots are saved into a catalog, and can be given tags so they can easily be found, edited, and added to terrains
  • Terrains can have their texture slots moved up/down so that you can dynamically change the layering of texture slots

Next on my agenda is to finish the Advanced PBR Terrain shader I mentioned a few months ago, and then integrate that into the editing tool as well.

12 Likes

wow, its really much customizable, i like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey monkeys! I haven’t posted anything on the WIP thread in a long time, mainly because all of your posts completely outshine anything I can show :smile:

Regardless, I decided to post something here, just to be a bit more active.

I worked on a platformer game, where you must have money to live. The goal is to gather all the supporters and complete the level, while avoiding obstacles and collecting money, because if you die, you lose some money and the more times you die, the more money you lose. If you have no more money, you lose the game. The ideal goal is to finish the level with the least amount of deaths and the most money, but take note the longer you take, the worse a death will be on your money! :chimpanzee_evil:

Everything is in an early state right now, and development is a bit slow due to personal reasons, but I plan to add new things to the game (custom model, a better background/textures because looking at it hurts my eyes, sounds, etc.)

Besides this, I enjoy the jMonkeyEngine very much! Experimenting with all the features you guys support is so much fun, and I’m glad to be apart of this community. :smiley:

8 Likes

nice, but my eyes are blowing! :smiley:

Posting in the last day of the month :smile:.
I am working on a platformer game. The game offers to the player designing levels and playing other player’s levels that are uploaded to the game server. The game currently supports electrical circuits so the level designer could take decisions when there is another one playing his level e.g: opening doors, opening chests so the player could go to the home and win the level. I feel that the creatures or enemies mechanics should be developed more so they would be more interesting to the player. The only creatures in the game are the mouse included in the video and the spider which can clamp walls. So what do you think guys because I got bored now :disappointed: .

10 Likes