Server Moved and Website Back Up

Hello Everyone!

First off, let me apologize on behalf of the time for the annoying downtime over the last few hours and the general annoyances with the website’s reliability over the last few months. Some nasty electrical problems at our donated dedicated hosting location caused a number of power supply failures for not only our server but a number of others as well.

Needless to say, we decided to remove ourselves from this spot so I picked up the server this morning and moved it to a different location where things are much more stable.

Anyway, everything should be back up. If you notice any problems just drop a line in here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good to hear! :smiley:

The only problem I have is when that “offline” mode goes on, even refreshing the site won’t do any good. It’ll only load the new live version once I’ve closed FF and reopened the site.

Not a huge problem. Just saying. :slight_smile:

Yeah, CloudFlare is a little strange in some ways…

You’re pretty close to the server, @madjack, how’s your speed as compared to previously (box is within 30 miles of its old location)

As far as speed goes, no complain here. It’s, as it was before, a bit slow when posting, but except for that, it’s all good. :slight_smile:

madjack said:
Good to hear! :D

The only problem I have is when that "offline" mode goes on, even refreshing the site won't do any good. It'll only load the new live version once I've closed FF and reopened the site.

Not a huge problem. Just saying. :)

Cloudflare presents you with a link that says "Retry live site" or something. Has always worked for me whenever the live site is back up.
erlend_sh said:
Cloudflare presents you with a link that says "Retry live site" or something. Has always worked for me whenever the live site is back up.

I don't think it ever worked here. Even closing the tab then reopening a new one doesn't "resolve" the site (I still get the CloudFlare page).
madjack said:
As far as speed goes, no complain here. It's, as it was before, a bit slow when posting, but except for that, it's all good. :)

I noticed the same thing about posting actually.. Will see if there is something I can do about this. I also increased the cache sizes in mysql a bit so hopefully things should even out a bit.. especially on pages displaying content sorted by date :x

Ever since that happened my plugins are failing to connect in JMP. Was this related? It’s trying to connect to:

Networking problem in http://jmonkeyengine.com/platform/updatecenter/alpha/com-jme3-gde-core-baselibs.nbm

If I try reloading the catalog I get a 403:

returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://jmonkeyengine.com/platform/base/alpha/updates.xml.gz

Zobbo

@zobbo The update URLs have changed since Beta. If you uninstall your alpha version and re-install the latest available here, you should be good to go

Thanks sbook, Normen has pointed me there also. Will know where to look next time :slight_smile:

Zobbo