Server Status Page

I posted about this on Facebook Mythruna fan page (http://facebook.com/Mythruna) but I forget that not everyone has succumbed to the evil FB siren song…

As part of the object system I’m working on, I’ve integrated a scripting engine into Mythruna. The first prototype of this was the ability to register custom scripted event handlers on the server to do all kinds of things. In my case, I’ve used this to dump the current stats to a web page whenever a player logs in or out.

You can see it by going to mythruna dot game-host dot org / status (<- I’m being somewhat cryptic to keep my server below the RADAR of the crawlers.)

It’s pretty basic but it shows the recent server activity and some “leader boards” on certain statistics tracked on the players. Some of which have only started tracking recently so there are still good chances to move up the charts. :slight_smile:

Though I was slightly surprised to find out that I’m not the top builder. I’m a good 5000 blocks behind, in fact. :slight_smile:

Sidenote you shouldnt post in facebook with the url then… (The enginetest url is perfectly crawlable)

(Also every better crawler is able to parse things like dot, at,/ ect. )

You are more making it only harder for humans than helping against crawlers.

(Also they could just parse the domain registrar sites)

Wow, thats since when? The new client? The web status?? Thats a lot of action on your server, congrats :slight_smile:

EmpirePhoenix said:
Sidenote you shouldnt post in facebook with the url then... (The enginetest url is perfectly crawlable)

(Also every better crawler is able to parse things like dot, at,/ ect. )
You are more making it only harder for humans than helping against crawlers.
(Also they could just parse the domain registrar sites)

I didn't post the URL at all on facebook. I was even more cryptic than the above.

I suspect that URL above will delay the onslaught of additional break in attempts on my server. At least the log has gotten no busier than the 5 or so attempts an hour that I normally get from the random script kiddy poking at my ports and trying to login as root.
normen said:
Wow, thats since when? The new client? The web status?? Thats a *lot* of action on your server, congrats :)

Thanks.

I uploaded a new server the night before last that tracked the login activity but I didn't add the "total time online" until later which is why that last is shorter. The "changed blocks" data has already been there so I just mined it when generating the page the first time. That stat has been showing up in the "who" since at least the April 30 version.

Hmm... I should really keep the whole sorted list of players so that I can tell them what their rank is in the "who". :)