Service unavailable after post to thread

It seems that after I try to respond to certain threads, I get a Service Unavailable error from the web server. From that point on, I’m unable to open the thread in question.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Anyone else experience this problem?

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/tonegodgui-with-layout-managers/#post-258341

Is an example of one that just started doing this.

Well I can confirm that I get the 503 as well.

I’ve seen this before, on my very first post on these forums. A couple of things I have noticed is that firstly, this doesn’t happen if you are not logged in to the forum. Secondly, it appears to be something to do with blockquote replies. When it happened previously it was a rather large reply with embedded code too.

@rockfire said: I've seen this before, on my very first post on these forums. A couple of things I have noticed is that firstly, this doesn't happen if you are not logged in to the forum. Secondly, it appears to be something to do with blockquote replies. When it happened previously it was a rather large reply with embedded code too.

Yep… both times I have seen this… I’m quoting a larger post with embedded code.

This is twice now it has contain info I was rather interested in going through in a more detailed fashoin. At least I can remember who posted this time. With the new changes to the forum, you can’t even tell who posted the original post unless you open the thread.

Nostalgic of the previous version…too white…too bugged…where are my monkeys :-?

Searches are broken, popup menus don’t work as expected, post editing is bug and this white theme hurts my eyes (why the monkey theme, in agreement with the engine, has disappeared?)

You can notify yourself that you have been notified in a thread by quoting a post notifying you… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This issue crops up from time to time. Something about a bad regex. We don’t know what causes it and when we had someone actually working on the forum code they weren’t able to find it.

Now it seems like we have no one at all working on the forum.

(Searching should be working, though… that was fixed some time back.)

As said in passing by others, if you need to view these threads then you can do it without being logged in as it seems to be related only to logged in users. In Firefox, the quick way to do this is to browse the link in “Private Mode”… then you don’t even have to log out.

Awesome… will log out and review.

Thanks you two for pointing this out.

@t0neg0d said: Awesome... will log out and review.

Thanks you two for pointing this out.

Hopefully your browser has a private mode.

For example, in Firefox I right clicked on the above link and said “Open Link in New Private Window”. Poof: readable thread. I assumed other browsers had similar.

@pspeed said: Hopefully your browser has a private mode.

For example, in Firefox I right clicked on the above link and said “Open Link in New Private Window”. Poof: readable thread. I assumed other browsers had similar.

Yep, yep!