setShowSettings() not working, wrong spot?

Hi, I am wondering where you would put the setShowSettings(), when you have the main class’ simpleInitApp() method pass the control to another class to initialize the map. Heres the code I have, and I’ve tried pretty much everywhere that’s reasonable:
Main class:
[java]public class Game extends SimpleApplication {

private static Game game; 

public static void main(String[] args) {

game = new Game();
    game.start();
}
public void simpleInitApp() {

Init_Map i_map = new Init_Map(this);
}

}[/java]
Init_Map class:
[java]public class Init_Map {

public Init_Map(Game game) {
    Spatial bunny = game.getAssetManager().loadModel("Models/bunny/bunny.j3o");
    game.getRootNode().attachChild(bunny);
    DirectionalLight direclight = new DirectionalLight();
    direclight.setDirection(new Vector3f(-0.1f, -0.7f, -1.0f));
    direclight.setColor(ColorRGBA.Orange);
    game.getRootNode().addLight(direclight);
    game.getViewPort().setBackgroundColor(new ColorRGBA(0.7f, 0.8f, 1f, 1f));
    game.getFlyByCamera().setMoveSpeed(10);
}

}[/java]

This:
game.start();

…is where the settings dialog pops up. So if you don’t want to show settings then you have to turn it off before that.

Debugging tips: Stepping through with the debugger and/or putting down some System.out.println()s would have spotted this quickly.

As an aside: your unconventionally named Init_Map class is starting to look and sound very much like an AppState.

I can’t place it before the game.start(), because setShowSettings isn’t a static method, and game.start is in the main method. I tried creating another non-static method, but you can’t call that from the static main method. When I tried to create an instance of the class, it gave me some errors trying to call the game.start() method.

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/javadoc/com/jme3/app/SimpleApplication.html#setShowSettings(boolean)

game.setShowSettings(false);

…learning to write games is super-hard. Learning Java is super-hard. Doing both at once can cause injury.

Well just add that before the start call in the main method.

thx all