Setting up 3.1 Master Branch in IntelliJ Idea

Note: gradlew (gradle Wrapper) is a native Windows Batch File so you dont have to install gradle, it works on every os

1 Like

In gradle, if you run a task from the root project then it will automatically try to run them in the child projects. I guess the NetBeans plugin doesn’t take this into account but I’m very surprised then that it doesn’t let you enter a task directly for running.

It’s a super common thing to do in multiproject development… of course, I now remember the NetBeans doesn’t know much about multiproject development in general because it’s always sucked pretty hard there. I feel bad ragging on Netbeans but their mutiproject support has been pretty abysmal which can be an indication that their dev team doesn’t develop things that way… or at least it influences whoever wrote the gradle plugin.

I think I have this almost figured out enough where I can get new people at least up and running in NetBeans cloning and using their own fork on GitHub if that’s their vice. I have to verify some stuff that can only be done when you guys make commits though before I am sure.

I ran into a small situation caused by NetBeans that I am not sure how to handle with the jme3-bullet-native.

When you do the first build after cloning it generates these .h files over again with no changes other than time stamping them as near I can tell. Because of that you have a new commit to push to master.

I don’t know if the .h files should be ignored or excluded from the commit.
Ignore or exclude the CPP folder.
Do something else.

Well there is only one way to do it and that’s exclude each file.

That in turn fills your commit dialog full of worthless excluded items and I saw no way to get them out of the list. Cant ignore them, not an option.

What a POS.

Thank you.