Setting up Eclipse

:slight_smile:

@stuff  - is used in java 5+ (1.5), you probably have 1.4 … install latest jdk/jre, which is java 6 now. If you have latest java then go to window-preferences-java-compiler-change jdk comliance level to highest, 6.0.

edit: and make sure you don't have project specific settings enabled for jme project (where also jdk copliance level could be lower then 5)

its works!!!

yahooooooooooo

thanks…many thanks … XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

adirael said:

yahooooooooooo

gooooooogleeeee

altavistaaaaaaaaa

:)
Core-Dump said:

adirael said:

yahooooooooooo

gooooooogleeeee

altavistaaaaaaaaa

:)

smaaaaarrrrrttttt allllleeeeecccccckkkk    :P

sorry but after a certain point in this thread i couldn't follow the progress of the people having trouble.

the important thing: did everyone solve their problems?

@renanse: what's that froggish attitude? :stuck_out_tongue:

My issue (couldn't see the project) was solved, thanks everyone!

(happily testing away...)

Stan

I’m a bit too noob in this - not at all sure what went wrong with my installation.  I realise the icons are different perhaps signifying something i’m missing downloading in ascii or binary format but this is a screen of what happened. 

When I click on the lwjgl check box there is no check box for “Native Libraries”.  But the path shown on the left side is correct… still get

[glow=red,2,300]WARNING: Could not load properties. Creating a new one.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path[/glow]

My workspace structure is
jmetry <project>
    - src
          - jme.flagrushtut
                - lesson2.java[img][/img]

that's very odd. what eclipse version are you using?

hmm… yes, very odd…

try with window - preferences - java - buildpath - libraries instead of project proparties, maybe it will work

I thought I’d throw this one in here since this seemed to be the place for such issues.  I was following the same instructions.  Everything was going fine right up until I had finished checking out jme.  A picture is worth 1,000 words.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9802/uhohuu5.png

I personally have NO idea why I am getting… that many errors.  I’ve tried deleting my workspace and redoing the check out, and I’ve even tried deleting Eclipse and re-installing it.  I’m not going to try and pretend like I have any idea what I’m doing.  I’ve had a tiny amount of work with Java before, but I’m going to be attempting to make a game with a friend of mine who is extremely talented in the language.

Any suggestions?

IanSwiftCore said:

Any suggestions?

yes, first one would be that you call your talented friend to set it up for you :)

did you followed the tutorial until the end or you just stopped when you saw the errors? After you checkout jME from repository, you will surely get errors as it's missing required libs. I guess that is the case here. Continue with tutorial, add "jME required" libs and it won't show any errors after that.

Yeah, apparently I was overlooking a direction.  I'm a retard.

So I finished it, had some errors, fixed them in accordance with the advice other people received in this topic and came down to my own personal error.

"The type java.lang.Enum cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files jME/src/com/jmex/game StandardGame.java line 1"

Any idea what this means?

that means that one of base java classes is not found. i looked into the javadoc and Enum was introduced with 1.5. so that means you either don't have java 5.0+ installed or that you'll have to set up the correct JRE (5.0+) for the jme project.

Indeed it was…I enjoy enums.  Why not skip straight to the present and install JDK/JRE 6.0 u2 and set up your eclipse:

Eclipse settings:

Window->Preferences.  Installed JREs.  Either try "Search" or manually add it.

Project settings:

Project->Properties.  Java Compiler.  Then configure your settings.

(Or set it in Window->Preferences.  Java->Compiler.  Then set the compliance level)

Perhaps I

where do you get the error, on jME itself when you try to run test case? If so, have you added jME requried libs to classpath? If so, have you setup native lib location to "jME/lib" of lwjgl.jar?

you also maybe typed native lib location… browse to it to make sure. My jme project is named "jME" so my native lib location is "jME/lib".

did you manage to start the tests from the console?

Thanks for the fast response, I guess I should have been more clear.

first, I successfully obtained the source code from CVS.  Next, I added a user library named jME-required to the build path and included all of the jars jME is dependent upon.  Finally, I set the native lib location – in fact I set it on the jME-required library which should set it for all of the included jars, and when that didn't work I set it on the individual jars (starting with lwjgl.jar).  I used a relative native lib location, so I double checked that the path labeled on the jars was the correct path to the binaries, and it is.

With the project set up in a way that looks correct as per every response in this forum, I attempted to run the tutorial code.  The output I listed is specifically from the HelloAnimation tutorial example. 

When I was unsuccessful at running the tutorial code (I tried several, as well as test code from another package), I attempted to rectify the problem by adding the -Djava.library.path=<path to binaries> JVM argument when I ran the tutorial examples.  This also did not work.

This is a last ditch effort as I thought maybe my system configuration (AMD64) had caused the issue, or that there was another silly problem that a resident genius could solve.