Setting world coordinate system?

Hey Guys,

The data Im loading is not in the same coordinate system JMOnkey is in.  JMonkey expects the usual system where Y is vertical and Z is the axis in and out of the monitor.

The NWN data has those axes reversed. Z is "up/down" and Y is "in/out".

This didn't cause me any troubles until I started trying to manipulate your camera but it makes functions like "lookAt" misbehave.

Converting this data would mean re writing ever coordinate triplet read in :(  Is there a more efficient solution? A way I could set the world maybe to match my data?

Thanks

Okay I see that Camera hs a "setAxes" method, but the documentation is effectively  non existant.  (such helpfully circular  notes as  "left - the new left axis of the camera.")

Wil lthis make the camera work the way I want if i set it right? and if so, what do I want to pass into it?

hmm.  swapping it didnt help.

I think maybe I dont understand lookAt.  Maybe i need to write my own…

What I am trying to do is orbit the camera around the origin, slide it in and out, and always keep it pointed at the origin.

Can someone give me an example of how to do this?

JK

What I am trying to do is orbit the camera around the origin, slide it in and out, and always keep it pointed at the origin.

If You mean an example for that then this should be in TestCameraMan if i remember corectly.

Thanks Ill take a look at that.

JK

wellneither of the test examples seemed to do what I want… im goign to go dig into soem of the inputhandelr source and see if that helps