Shaders

Hi i would like to ask about Shaders and their scope in 3D Game Developemnt in General …

I have knowledge of shaders and their basic role in opengl rendering but i am confused that should i learn shaders b/c a Framework like Jmonkey makes them kind of invisible to us means we donot need to worry about them …

Modern opengl versions do employ shaders Also what benefits we can achieve after learning to program shaders…

THANKS…

Well, learning shaders when using JME is like learning how to cook, when you always eat takeaway food. It doesn’t look necessary at first, but once you do know how to cook…you can do your own food with what ever ingredient you like.

This is hardly a waste of time, I’d like more people using JME, to know about shaders.

Not to mention that in a near future JME will allow you to put your home sliced tomato in your takeaway burger…

1 Like

JME does not require you to use shaders. However by being able to you get another tool in your toolbox…

@nehon said: Not to mention that in a near future JME will allow you to put your home sliced tomato in your takeaway burger...
I like the sound of that ;)
@kwando said: I like the sound of that ;)

You should, it’s epic :slight_smile: