Shadow problem

its very helpful and very strange

so it propably depends on my graphic card ;/

i have no time to write algoritms. i will try to test it on other Machines (maybe my graphic card is just a anomaly)

Test case works also for me, iā€™m afraid itā€™s an hardware issue, did you try newer drivers ?

1 Like

yes i already tried older and newer drivers. But still all show itā€™s hardware.

Itā€™s bad news becouse not only me can have this problem.

Good is this that it really work(but not for me).

Tnx for help :slight_smile:

For you(developers) i can tell i have a ā€œMobile IntelĀ® 4 Series Express Chipset Familyā€ (it use memory from RAM) to notice it

Sounds like crummy hardwareā€¦ (sorry) :frowning:

Oh Intel GM are not the best graphic cards around indeed, Some other users already had some quirks with those kind of cards.

Is there a way for you to test on some other hardware?

Tested that testcase with my ati 4870 card (and jme3 from svn, compiled yesterday):

moved the camera near to the shadow, it seems to render fine, but sometimes

when I rotate the camera just a litte bit, shadow disappears.

Tested different values when initializing (shadowmap sizes, splits, comparemodes, filtermodes) but always same disappearing.

yes i have other hardware to test, im just surprised that shadow donā€™t work everywhere :frowning:

larda said:
sometimes when I rotate the camera just a litte bit, shadow disappears.
Tested different values when initializing (shadowmap sizes, splits, comparemodes, filtermodes) but always same disappearing.

Oh yes, I did see this too once or twice but lost track of the location/angle it was vanishing, and couldn't reproduce.