Shadow Problem

Dear Guys,

I have a critical problem when run the TestShadowPass in the jmetest. I'm using Window XP Pro, Graphic Card On Board (the correct driver was installed) and using Java 1.6.04. My friend's computer is running ok with the program. The log is below:

#

An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:

#

#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0b937bf1, pid=1372, tid=2076

#

Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (10.0-b19 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86)

Problematic frame:

C  [iglicd32.dll+0x47bf1]

#

An error report file with more information is saved as:

D:Projectasaojmesourcehs_err_pid1372.log

#

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

you need to post some more information from this logfile:

moonjava said:

# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# D:Projectasaojmesourcehs_err_pid1372.log

Do the other examples run okay?

And what type of integrated gfx card?

Hi guys,

I cannot run the example on my Computer. The error message is "Java Crash". But when I install the new gfx card (not use integrated card any more). The example runs ok, however, my game still doesn't have the Shadow eventhough my friend's computer can see the shadow of my game. I don't know what happen. When I replace my model  to the example, it displays the shadow. I'm using GameState and the example use SimplePassGame. I created the LightState and Camera as what the example does. I'm using FixedRateGame and GameState for each scene of game. May the error come out from the GameState?

Sounds like 2 issues to me.

1st integrated GFX card is probably not up to snuff

2nd possible logic (user) error when trying to create shadows in you code.

Some code usually helps us  :stuck_out_tongue:

Dear guys,

I found the the JME doesn't support shadown (issue Java crash). I try replacing the new gfx card. It runs ok!

I think you should fix this problem because there's a lot of computer with the integrated gfx card

Umm, the problem is the integrated GFX chip doesn't support all OpenGL extensions.

In other words, its just an integrated P.O.S., maybe it's the chip that should support OpenGL :wink:

(BTW try loading some commercial games with it and they probably will not run at all)

Hi guys,

I can play a lot of commercial game when I try to change the Video option to OpenGL (instead of D3D). It means my integrated gfx card can run OpenGL

Just cause it supports OpenGL DOES NOT mean it supports ALL OpenGL shaders and ARBs.

It's the difference between a cheap V-card and a good v-card.

Also, I have asked for your v-card specs, if you want any further help please POST it.

If this has become just a rant session please stop.

Let's tone it down a bit; no need to snap.  :slight_smile:

There are definitely issues with jME and integrated cards.  Most of those I have seen are related to uneven support of OpenGL features.  We could definitely use more fall back support for these less capable platforms, and hopefully that will come over time.  It's a difficult thing to do though as most developers are using boxes with real video cards in them (making it hard to identify and fix any possible issues with integrated cards.)

In the meantime, please try to see if you can find a more up to date version of your graphics drivers.  I have heard Intel is soon (or has?) moving to a unified driver, so that may help too.

sorry guys,  I just felt I was saying the same thing over and over.

Glad to hear about Intel :); A TON of people have these and don't even realize it.

Hi guys, I have a similar problem.

shadowPass dont work in onboard gfx cards.

Anyone have a workaround to do it?

I am considering use a flag, when a client havent a good gfx card I drop the shadows else no.

ty

:?