Showroom 3D

http://www.raigdellum.cat/mobles

Hi all,

I show you my work with JME 0.11

comments will be very apreciated.

Jordi

When I run it the UI elements flicker really badly.

wow this is awsome, very intuitive and easy to use.

the only thing i noticed is that there is some zFighting (flickering) at the floor and doors.

The UI Elements are fine for me.

This is one hell of an applet :slight_smile:

I'm getting a UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file.

I have Java 1.5 installed.

Java versions are usually backward compatible, so it must require 1.6 for some functionality.

Awesome.  Ran without a flaw on my computer.  :smiley:

Nice Work !!

Worked really smoothly for me

Yeah, that is one hell of an applet! Coool

Works very well here too (winxp 32, nvidia 7400). Very nice work!

The UI responds a bit slow sometimes when loading new items. Being the impatient computer user I am, I imported one of the demo rooms 8 times before I actually saw one. You might want to add some kind of "loading" messageā€¦

But other than that it's definitely very solid, easy to use and looks good too. Is it a commissioned job?

Hi,

Thanks for your replys.

The flickering i saw that happens on quaddro video cards, on geforce series runs fine, can you verify the ones wich got flickering isues have a nvidia quaddro?

The project has been payd to me, i own the source code, at the moment i have not in mind to release it, but i am developping an editor that i want to open to the jme community, any help continuing deploying it would be great.

Jordi.

the flickering of the floor only happens with my notebook at work, which has a ATI Mobility x300 i think.

With my nvidia 7600 GS its fine.

Radeon 9600 also flickered, but its a pretty old card

Nice app :slight_smile:

Great work! The UI flickering on quadro cards can be solved by disabling direct draw. I don't know how you could tell the vm that, I just know the command line parameter to disable it for an app.

When I first entered the site with Opera 9.27 I had to press the "accept certificate" about 10 times while it was loading. When it finished loading, the right side of it seemed to be missing, untill I pressed in the middle and then the screen was pushed inwards and the rest of the upper navigation appeared, but it made the lower navigation (for the inventory) get crammed together, splitting it into two seperate menulines, placing one on top of the other. As a result of this, I also lost the side-scroller that lets you scroll between the different inventory when there's more than what fits in the page.

On FireFox 3 beta 5 it seemed to work very nicely though.

Errors out here on OSX but runs great on WinXP, jMEDesktop?

I also saw some pretty bad z-tearing on the floor (between the grid I think) rendering the grid with a different z-offset would help (that is if your still working on it)

I didn't think it was possible to disable direct draw from an Applet.  But maybe it is: System.setProperty("sun.java2d.noddraw", "true");

(However this may require a browser reboot)

(Super smooth work btw, what was the time frame?)

basixs said:

I didn't think it was possible to disable direct draw from an Applet.  But maybe it is: System.setProperty("sun.java2d.noddraw", "true");

I tried this with one of my applications (not applets) that experiences flickering in the UI but it didn't work... so this is what I'm using as a VM argument:
-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false

JDesktop seems the way to make the UI inside JME isn't? i would like to make the UI with flash and make the communications via javascript ( or something better)

I need to add the native libraries for MAC is the cause does not run on MAC

I tried this with one of my applications (not applets) that experiences flickering in the UI but it didn't work.

Yeah, this post got me curious about if it was possible; I found that and thought it might be interesting, were you using Java 6?

JDesktop seems the way to make the UI inside JME isn't?

That is a topic that seems to get much debate around here ;)

I have had nothing but errors with jME-Desktop on OSX, and I was just curious if that was what you where using for your UI.
I personally like fengGUI, it is a little more difficult to use. It's not like Swing, but more like pure Java Graphics, however it does have quite a few UI widgets built into it.  It is very powerful though... not that jMEDesktop isn't powerful (I think you have shown that quite effectively ;)).
basixs said:

Yeah, this post got me curious about if it was possible; I found that and thought it might be interesting, were you using Java 6?

I'm using a compliance level of 5.0, but I can try it at 6.0 if it makes any difference.