SimArboreal Release - Formerly "Tree Editor"

Yeah, but that means someone broke something in 3.2 I guess.

1 Like

thats not good :frowning: I’ve only been working with jmokney for a little under year and I’ve never worked with or contributed to any open source projects before, but I’ve always imagined it has to be a struggle to keep everything up to date and stable especially with a project this huge

1 Like

gonna look into it

1 Like

@pspeed could you put a license to some your projects?

1 Like

I can… though the license is in every source file already.

It would be the same license as in my other projects… so feel free to submit a PR if you like adding it to src/main/resources… else I might get to it next weekend.

1 Like

I’m getting this error on 3.1 when I try to use the DirectionalLightShadowRenderer if there’s any trees attached:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Material parameter is not defined: BackfaceShadows
	at com.jme3.material.Material.checkSetParam(Material.java:460)
	at com.jme3.material.Material.setParam(Material.java:476)
	at com.jme3.material.Material.setBoolean(Material.java:615)
	at com.jme3.shadow.AbstractShadowRenderer.setMatParams(AbstractShadowRenderer.java:566)
	at com.jme3.shadow.AbstractShadowRenderer.postFrame(AbstractShadowRenderer.java:483)
	at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:1102)
	at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1145)
	at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:253)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:193)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:232)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Which shadow filter/renderer is best used with SimArboreal trees? Using the PssmShadowRenderer works, but since there’s a few options for shadows I’m still trying to find the best option for my scenes. Thanks :slight_smile:

I suspect that the IsoSurfaceDemo uses the shadow post-processor instead of the shadow renderer… but you can check.

I’m not sure what the issue is with the shadow renderer.

can you check PBR version of trees from my editor, please?

1 Like

Yeah I’ll test it out as soon as I have a chance later on tonight.