SimEthereal example with ES - blog

I have been teaching myself java for a few months now. I still have a lot to learn, with out a doubt. I have been using Eclipse as my IDE, but recently have been looking for networking info. Like how to make a simple game over local network or similar.

While looking for a tutorial or sample code I could follow to get me started I stumbled upon J Monkey and specifically the Sim Ethereal example. I have downloaded the Sim-Ethereal basic example from GIT. This looks like to be exactly what I have been looking for.

But being such a no0b still as a java coder, and and new to J Monkey, I cant seem to figure out how to load the source code up in a new project. So I may poke around and see how it all works.

I mean, I can copy and paste the source into a new project, but then there is a lot of errors. What I do…
Create a new project, a JME3, BasicGame. I then copy and past the sim-eth-basic-sources folder into the mygame package that was created when the projected created itself. It has a main.java class in it.

Now inside of all the sim-eth-basic files there are errors. like:
import com.jme3.network.service.rmi.RmiHostedService; (doesn’t exist)

Is this a library or am I missing a class?

I think I followed the instructions correctlly from the “How Would I Use It” from this link:

But more than likely I didn’t, since I can’t seem to get this to work.

Might anyone be willing to point me to a place that could help me figure this out, or is there an easier way that I can add this to a new project? Or maybe I’m just to green yet to figure this out. lol

Thanks for reading,

~Nihil