Small issues with filtering and window titles

Hi there. Thanks for excellent GUI lib, It’s so much easier to use than some others but inevitably…

Firstly, I started creating with my own style just by changing the default graphics to some really simple ones and can see blending everywhere. Is there an option to turn this off / set it to nearest for hard edge graphics?
Secondly, as you can see here, my titles are messed up, I can’t tell if that’s because of this blending or not, but I couldn’t find a way to pad just the one side of the label except for adding a few spaces in the title string

Edit: Forgot to mention, I changed the resizeborders for Window all to 3.

I’ve zoomed this in to better see what’s going on, my window image and title bar image are outlined in red.

Thanks.

So I’ve had a tinker today and figured out some stuff.

Changing the resizeborder of my window to 4 gets rid of the blending by including one pixel of the centre colour. With that in mind it’s easy to create the look you want.
The title issues were fixed by adding more indentation to the dragbar. It changes the look a little but easily sorted.

Sod’s Law dictates, naturally, that I run into more problems. I suspect these may be bugs but I might be misunderstanding something.

1. Adding a SelectBox to a window that has isResizable set to false makes the selectbox’s button un-clickable. I can still use the mouse to give it focus and change the values with the keyboard but I just can’t click on the little handle to make it open.

( Actually the isResizable doesn’t matter. What happens is that the SelectBox will open the first time you click but once it loses focus you then can’t click on it again.)

1. Not too sure on this one but setting the window’s global alpha value doesn’t affect all children. (SelectList inherits the alpha but Button does not).

2. Tiny issue but screen.initialize() is depreciated for me but I see no mention of this anywhere.

Thanks again for the lib. After fiddling some more I’ve decided I really like it, it’s exactly as complex as it needs to be and no more, once I’ve gotten the hang of it, I believe I could throw together an options screen for my game in a matter of minutes.

Hey there!

Just posting to let you know that I see the post and I’ll be able to look into issues today at some point. Unfortunately, atm, I am having some major technical difficulties with my computer. The moment I have this resolved (think I need to ninstall/reinstall JME as my registry got corrupted in some fashion), I’ll be able to help resolve these issues!

EDIT: Actually… I can answer 3 right now. There is no need to initialize the screen now. The Wiki will be updated to reflect this soon (trying to keep this as up-to-date as possible)

On #2, does your mouse have focus on the button when this is the case? If so, I believe the effect manager is overriding the global alpha settings in this case. Hopefully, I’ll be able to find a way around this soon. The one other area that is not effect by GlobalAlpha properly is BitmapText. Still looking into a solution for this one as well.

Hah… nm… I think I have an answer for #1 as well. This issue may be resolved in the latest update, though the update may not be available yet, as I possibly missed last nights build when I pushed it out.

Ah thanks for getting back to me, even with your issues.

Great to hear about SelectBox fix, look forward to that.

As for the alpha problem, the position of my mouse holds no bearing. The element is completely opaque the entire time. Tried this with Button and SelectBox in a Window. Setting the Window’s globalAlpha.

@causticcuddles said: Ah thanks for getting back to me, even with your issues.

Great to hear about SelectBox fix, look forward to that.

As for the alpha problem, the position of my mouse holds no bearing. The element is completely opaque the entire time. Tried this with Button and SelectBox in a Window. Setting the Window’s globalAlpha.

Thanks for reporting this. The moment I am back up and running properly, I’ll see about reproducing and fixing this =)

Okay. So JME crashed on me as I was moving a few things around and now the selectboxes/button clicks work. Do plugins update automatically? That would explain it.

@causticcuddles said: Okay. So JME crashed on me as I was moving a few things around and now the selectboxes/button clicks work. Do plugins update automatically? That would explain it.

It’s possible that the plugin update was downloaded, but not installed and once the IDE restarted it fixed itself.