[SOLVED] Actions generated with ActionSequence affecting other layers

One action, stab_once_body (stabbing with sword, once) plays fine on the “body” layer, until it’s twin (stab_once_legs) is played on the “legs” layer at the same time, then:

• Stab_once_body starts playing slowly from the middle to the end, and has unintended waiting at the end.
  • I’m not sure exactly what stab_legs is doing, but it appears to play the first half of the animation twice.

Both stab_once actions are generated using anim.actionSequence and use stab_body and stab_legs. Stab_body and stab_legs do not have this issue.

anim = person.getControl(AnimComposer.class);
SkinningControl skin = person.getControl(SkinningControl.class);
anim.makeLayer("body", ArmatureMask.createMask(skin.getArmature(), "lower_body"));
ArmatureMask legmask = new ArmatureMask();
legmask.addFromJoint(skin.getArmature(), "legs_main");
legmask.addBones(skin.getArmature(), "main");
anim.makeLayer("legs", legmask);
anim.actionSequence("stab_once_body", anim.action("stab_body"), Tweens.callMethod(anim, "setCurrentAction", "idle_body", "body"));
anim.actionSequence("stab_once_legs", anim.action("stab_legs"), Tweens.callMethod(anim, "setCurrentAction", "idle_legs", "legs"));
anim.setCurrentAction("stab_once_body", "body");
anim.setCurrentAction("stab_once_legs", "legs");

The model can be found here.

It sounds like you may be experiencing this same exact issue that I recently encountered as well:

@Ali_RS helped me find a good fix, and I eventually ended up calling Tweens.sequence(actionToPlay, doneTween) instead of calling anim.actionSequence() (which seems to be broken when used with masks, based on both of our findings)

4 Likes

Note, that issue was solved in 3.6.

Edit:

I probably better named it setMaskDispatchingEnabled instead of setMaskPropagationEnabled :roll_eyes: My bad!

5 Likes

Yep, updating to 3.6 fixed the problem. Thanks! :grin:

5 Likes