[SOLVED] Can't get point lights working

So, I made a simple scene made of some quad tiles and a box, and I messed around with the lighting. I did get directional lighting to work, but I can’t get point lights to do the same thing. Here’s the scene with & without a point light: http://imgur.com/cgUyXab,3nt71Ar#0
I get same results no matter what position I set it to (even when using the light.setPosition() method), outcome is always the same. Here is the method:
[java]
public void addPointLight(Vector3f position, float radius) {
Main game = Main.getInstance();
PointLight light = new PointLight();
light.setColor(ColorRGBA.Yellow);
light.setRadius(radius);
Node node = new Node(), rootNode = game.getRootNode();
lights.add(node);
node.addControl(new LightControl(light));
rootNode.attachChild(node);
rootNode.addLight(light);
node.setLocalTranslation(position);
PointLightShadowFilter plsf = new PointLightShadowFilter(game.getAssetManager(), 8192);
plsf.setLight(light);
plsf.setEnabled(true);
fpp.addFilter(plsf);
}[/java]
Does anyone know what am I doing wrong? :frowning:

What’s the value of ‘radius’?

@sgold said: What's the value of 'radius'?
I tried different values between .5 & 1000, it has no effect on the scene.

Does your mesh in fact use the default lighting material?
Does it have proper normals and tangendbinominals?

@Empire Phoenix said: Does your mesh in fact use the default lighting material? Does it have proper normals and tangendbinominals?
It was using the unshaded material, and I worded myself wrong, I cant get the point light shadows to work. I tried a lighting material and it works nicely, but yeah. When I turn the filter on, all it does is makes some of the squares go dark, as seen on the picture.

I don’t think we have enough information to help properly. For example, where is the light in relation to the other scene objects, etc.

A simple single class test case that you could post the code for would be better for diagnosing where the issue is.

Ok I figured out the problem, the shadow mode was not set correctly. Thanks for the help :slight_smile: