[SOLVED] Crash Error taking screenshots

Since upgrading to the latest 3.6.0 version of the engine, I have started getting this error randomly sometimes whenever i hit the print-screen key on my keyboard to take a screenshot:

com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: Attempting to upload empty buffer (remaining = 0), that's an error
	at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglGL.checkLimit(LwjglGL.java:25)
	at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglGL.glReadPixels(LwjglGL.java:370)
	at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.readFrameBufferWithGLFormat(GLRenderer.java:2165)
	at com.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.readFrameBuffer(GLRenderer.java:2147)
	at com.jme3.app.state.ScreenshotAppState.postFrame(ScreenshotAppState.java:287)
	at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:1233)
	at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1297)
	at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:278)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:160)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:224)
	at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:242)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
            sh = new ScreenshotAppState("");
            stateManager.attach(sh);
            sh.setEnabled(true);

A long time ago I added this ScreenshotAppState code to my project, but I honestly don’t remember how it works or if it’s doing anything from only that code since its been so long since I added it, and I usually just hit the print-screen key and paste that into paint to take and crop screenshots quickly.

Has anyone else ran into this error when taking screenshots?

4 Likes

Looks identical to issue 1917, which we thought was solved back in January.

4 Likes

So just to be sure, are you using 3.6.0-beta2?

2 Likes

It looks like the project I had the issue in was actually using 3.6.0-alpha3 when I thought it was using the latest.

Upgrading to the latest 3.6.0-beta2 version fixes the issue though, sorry for the false report on an already solved issue.

4 Likes

Thank you for testing v3.6 and reporting the issue you encountered. Carry on!

3 Likes