[SOLVED]Everything’s decided to stop working :(

I tried my game this morning, and now it doesn’t function properly. Nifty button text didn’t show, then I started my game and got this error:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The explicitly chosen technique ‘Glow’ on material ‘Unshaded’

requires caps [GLSL100] which are not supported by the video renderer

I fixed that, got my game to run, but everything’s just a shit storm. No skybox, animations not working, text not showing up properly and various other things. Particles seem to be ok tho.

Tried a skybox by itself, and that doesn’t work at all.

What i don’t understand is why it all suddenly decided not to work. I thought maybe it was the latest nightly I downloaded, but i tried older ones and still have the same result. Tried older backups of my game, same result. Updated to the latest graphics drivers and same. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

• switch Glow Effect off.
  • Update your video driver.
1 Like

Did you by any chance set your video settings to force OpenGl1 rendering when testing something else? Like in AppSettings.

…since a) I’m pretty sure you tried that in another thread. and b) this is exactly the symptoms I’d expect after such a change.

1 Like
@mifth said:
- switch Glow Effect off.
- Update your video driver.

yeh, i have tried this tho thx,

@pspeed said:
Did you by any chance set your video settings to force OpenGl1 rendering when testing something else? Like in AppSettings.

...since a) I'm pretty sure you tried that in another thread. and b) this is exactly the symptoms I'd expect after such a change.

I did set this on a different test class recently, your right (good memory :P), could my graphics card have some how, have turned this on permanently?

ok @pspeed you are genius!

I explicitly set it to OpenGL 2, and now it works.

I then removed it, and it still works, strange but im happy.

Thanks @mifth and @pspeed for your contribution to helping me

Sounds like maybe you didn’t clean build sometime. I never trust IDEs to get that right and compulsively clean build 99% of the time.