[Solved] jME does not work -- at all -- on modern Java due to a regression

I think a reasonably close guess could be made based on the dependencies he has, but without knowing for sure we can only guess (is it just the core LWJGL libs, and if so, what natives do they load, is Bullet in the mix, etc).

I’ve just come across this issue myself.

I’ve been developing using 11.0.4 and LWJGL2 and it works. I upgraded to 11.0.5 and I get the error specified in the OP.

05 Jan 2020 10:47:07 [ WARN | javafx ] Loading FXML document with JavaFX API of version 11.0.1 by JavaFX runtime of version 11
05 Jan 2020 10:47:07 [ INFO | JmeSystem ] Running on jMonkeyEngine 3.3-alpha5
 * Branch: HEAD
 * Git Hash: bb32b88
 * Build Date: 2019-09-21
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed!

using LWJGL3 gets rid of this error.

So it appears to be some kind of issue with LWJGL2 and Java 11.0.5 and above, since 11.0.4 works.

3 Likes

That’s what @grizeldi got when trying to launch lwjgl as well!

I was trying to launch the latest version of the sdk, and got the same error, yep.

Interestingly, a recent pre-release version of jogamp fixes the variant that I ran across… Maybe one of those “oh, the API should be compatible… If you recompile against the new library” situations?

Jan. 26, 2020 5:46:49 NACHM. com.jme3.system.JmeDesktopSystem initialize
INFORMATION: Running on jMonkeyEngine 3.2-stable
 * Branch: HEAD
 * Git Hash: f85624a
 * Build Date: 2018-01-21
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed!

I keep getting the same error when trying to start this simple game: jMonkeyEngine | Quick Start

Yes, you either need openJDK 11.0.4 (not 11.0.5) or lwjgl3 instead of lwjgl2 unfortunately.

Yep. You have to use Java 11.0.5 and the lwjgl3 dependency, not the lwjgl dependency.

1 Like

Thanks, that worked.

1 Like