[Solved] JME is for me? = YES

InShadow said:

Thanks, JackNeil, for your answers also from my side.
I would also like to say, that I tried your game and it is really amazing! Great job, must say... :)

Thank you very much. :)

InShadow said:

How do you make levels? Did you develop your own level editor, level format,...??

I've created an ingame-level editor. In the full version you can switch from the game to the editor by pressing just one key. Then you can fly around, change the whole level, and jump in again to test it. The entire level is an octree, which makes the editing (and also the physics) very easy. It takes around 2-3 hours to build the first version of a level. Changing details to improve the gameplay is also a matter of seconds in most cases.
The editor was one of the best decisions I made during development.

JackNeil: I tried your demo in Windows with a GForce MX 400 (32MB) and 700MB RAM and I was able to play it in any resolution. However, if I enable "Boom" (What is that?) the application fail to start. Even it always display that is running with low FPS it feels (mouse response and movements) very good to me (Except for 1024x768 (32bit), which is slightly slow, but playable).

I tried Bang Howdy in that same computer but still slow… slightly better than my computer (Linux), but unplayable even with low detail settings.

I wonder how your demo will perform in my Linux box…

Have a nice day.

@ Lepe: Thanks for testing! This is good to know. Pretty cool, that it runs decent on a 7 year old graphics card.

The warning message is displayed, because it is better when the update rate of the physics is high. Otherwise some strange behavior may occur.

I hope it says "Bloom" and not "Boom". :wink: Bloom as a full-screen post processing shader. Bright parts of the game will look like if they glow. This effect is very important for the visual style of the game.

The 400MX has no support for pixel or vertex shader. That may be the reason why the game crashes when you enable Bloom.

lol  :D  ok… no BOOM…

Its good that you let the users to enable/disable that process. As many people (IMHO) are not familiar with that, It would be nice to have a note there. In the motocross game I was unable to change the resolution (due to an unknown error). In your game I didn't have any problem playing with those values. Good job!