[Solved] Just upgraded from 3.2.2 to 3.3.2 stable and I have a problem with physics listeners

I’m glad you’re flexible about which physics library you’ll use going forward.

After pondering the matter, I’ve decided to basically follow your recommendation: to add a 2nd interface to Minie’s PhysicsSpace class that mimics the behavior of collision listeners in jme3-bullet-3.2.2. And if (as seems likely) it doesn’t detect sphere-sphere collisions, I’ll document that limitation up front (making 1029 a much smaller issue in my mind).

And if you’re willing to act as a tester for this feature, I’ll cut you a pre-release build for testing. I believe that could happen later this weekend.

And If/when there’s demand for this functionality in jme3-bullet, I’ll port it to JME’s master branch.

3 Likes

Consider me willing and able. I already made the code changes and integrated Minie into my code base so … ready when you are.

2 Likes

Great! The “Minie-2.0.0-test2” build is waiting for you.

I’ll make a more formal announcement later today.

PS: Please try physicsSpace.addOngoingCollisionListener(listener);.

2 Likes

I am at a 4th of July cookout right now but I will test it when I get home tonight.

3 Likes

@sgold I just finished testing the changes and all works perfectly. Thank you for the update. Having the ability to listen to just the initial contact will also simplify my server code handling flying missiles hitting targets. I can now react asynchronously to a missile hitting a target without having to keep track of hysterical contacts. (Some of my missile types can pierce one target and continue to the next.

3 Likes