[SOLVED] No ProjectAssetManager found! when using gradle

Is the 3.3 version of the sdk available now?

Basically it works as well as 3.2. But added Gradle template and current java version support. Based on Netbeans 12. The old ones are based on Netbeans 8. So a lot of good stuff.

1 Like

Much appreciated!
Iā€™m gonna try out that gradle process, but Iā€™ll be adapting it without workflows. If that doesnā€™t work out or it ends up being cumbersome, I might just make a service on my computer to sync the two folders. If your ok with running nodejs services, I can provide that file if I do go down that route.

Ill check it out. Itā€™s available on 32 bit windows?

Very nice.

I see java 11 is the version correct?

I am on 15 due to issues fixed for jpackage. I will keep an eye on versions, once you hit 15 I will start using it again for everything if the tools work. That would simplify some things for me.

Looks like it to me.

Hmm, at least to java 14 is supportedā€¦ Need to test.

Thanks again, jpackage had a bug in 14 where it duplicates windows dlls. Fixed in 15.

Heres an asset specific way to do sync.

def assetDir = "$rootDir/../MyGameAssets/assets"
boolean assetsExist = file(assetDir).isDirectory()

project.sync {
    from assetDir
    //In cases where the 'from' dir does not exist, sync will delete contents of 
    //'into' so we use a fake dir in those situations.  
    //TODO: use prevent closure when fixed https://github.com/gradle/gradle/issues/4553 
    if (assetsExist) {
        into "$rootDir/assets"
    } else {
        into 'nosyncdir'
    }
}

It maybe supports, but doesnā€™t give any IDE features for Java 15. Java 14 is the official newest supported.

I found a much simpler way. I followed this answer on stack overflow regarding adding an ant project as a dependency to a gradle project and everything is working fine.

Pretty much, have gradle run the ant build and add the jars as dependencies in gradle

2 Likes

Just for clarification here: gradle support has been added in the most recent sdk builds, itā€™s just not in 3.2, which is why all the jme specific features fail there.

3.3 is not officially released though due to unresolved issues such as the ant engine libraries not having javadoc, which is One of the important features.

1 Like

netbeans 12 and 15 work fine for java, sorta.

There are some minor irritant bugs with gradle but not anything breaking. Like you cant use netbeans ide buttons in the gradle file to add comments or uncomment. Known issue.

I did have some major problems trying to add openjdk 15 as an additional platform. If you already setup netbeans and then tried adding 15 later it totally fried netbeans.

If you added 15 during fresh install, everything works just fine, at least that was my experience with windows version. I would think it would be the same for sdk.

Yes, what happens with Netbeans 12 will happen with SDK 3.3. What happens with Netbeans 8, will happen with SDK 3.2. We are essentially just a skin / branding with some added tools on top of Netbeans. The experience should be the same.

Thanks for testing. Personally I keep with the Java LTS releases. I do follow the Java release notes carefully though. Next up for me will be Java 17 thenā€¦

1 Like