[SOLVED] No Stats in statsView

The StatsView shows the translucent rectangle but nothing is displayed.

I did something wrong yesterday… (now I spend an hour trying to undo it)
How to undo this mistake?

You have given us no useful information in helping you with your problem.

I understand that… I would if I could :frowning:
thank you for your attention - I guess this is my problem until at least I can get more info…

Reduce your code down to a simple test case that illustrates the problem. Then post that.

If you cannot reproduce the problem in a simple test case then you already have a place to start to figure out what’s different between working and not working. Just migrate things over to the test case until it breaks again.

Thank you again, I should introduce myself - I’m a retired Java developer going back to the projects I had to abandon in the 1980s… i.e. I know “all the tricks” except how to fix this… :slight_smile:
I tried to learn OpenGL (lwjgl) but it’s too low level for me - jME to the rescue! Thank you!
(long live the Amiga 500!)

1 Like

I still have an Amiga 1000 in my basement though I’m not sure the kickstart/workbench disks would even boot anymore.

Once you’ve narrowed it down to what might have broken it, we can be of more help. As it is, it could be a few things.

Off the top of my head:
-if you did anything strange to the guiNode or its buckets then things could have broken (but I’d expect the Lemur GUI to break, too)
-if you’ve restarted the context for some reason (like if you let the player change screen resolutions while the game is running and stuff) there used to be a bug where the sorting of the gray stats background would sort in front of the stats labels.

…but it’s probably something related to sorting in the guiNode.

ah! I didn’t noticed but this disappeared also:

BitmapText hudText = new BitmapText(guiFont);

hudText.setText(“You can write any string here”);
hudText.setLocalTranslation(300, hudText.getLineHeight(), 0);

Already tested another font, color, changing other values or add them to rootNode instead? (On rootNode, it needs a material or some spatials around, cause it looks like you see through the text into the surrounding “universe” ^^)

Presuming you haven’t redefined what ColorRGBA.Blue is, this code look fine.

Start commenting out parts of your program until it comes back.

I think I’ll unzip the source jars to look for markers that might be relevant for debugging.

Thanks for your help!

At one point, these things were displayed appropriate in your application. Then something changed and they stopped working.

…you need to figure out what changed.

You do not yet have the skillset to know what in JME could have been complicit in this. I know the source code well and can think of at least 40 things you’d need to check… so even me/myself/and I as an engine expert, would start commenting things out in my program until the display was correct again.

JME is behaving normally. Your application has messed it up somehow. Given that in your other thread you were directly calling lwjgl classes, I haven’t a clue what it could be.

ah! it was in my MenuManager:


(yes, there is a lot of copy/paste going on without understanding…) :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like