[SOLVED] Occasionally a 429 Too Many Requests status code is returned

First of all, great work on the new site.

Second, I thought I’d highlight an issue that seems to appear on the new community hub now and again.

Occasionally http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/latest.json among others, return a “429 Too Many Requests” status code and the error page is displayed where you can choose to try again or go back. I’m not sure if this is just for me or if others are having the same issue.

This also seems to be the case for other urls as well so it’s not an isolated issue to that specific resource. Looks like there might be some kind of global request limiting going on.

every1 is trying site and pressing everything :smiley: so there tons of requests :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, we are aware of the issue and we are trying to narrow it down.

Of course…new stuff, new problems :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. We’ve noticed this as well. Will hopefully have it fixed by the end of the day.

There will probably be a few glitches like this in the beginning as we’re getting to grips with how Discourse works.

No worries, just thought it was worth a mention in case other users experience issues as well. I realise Discourse makes a lot of requests in the background so if there are 50 users on the site just idling then you will still be getting 50 requests every few seconds. It will of course get even worse if people are active at the same time.

It should be better now, but not perfect yet.

1 Like

Could it be that some old spam bots are causing this? I hope we manage to keep the spam and bots out of this place for good…

Please report back if you notice any more of this. We did some changes and it appears to have mitigated the problem completely, however we’re still figuring out the exact cause.

I’ve not seen any more of these 429 so I think it’s safe to say it’s solved for now.

Cheers!

Seems like these are back or is it just me?

The site has been temporarily downgraded. The 429 should soon go away :smile:

This problem should be solved in about an hour. My apologies for the annoyance.