[solved] OgreMax, Import/Export: Why is there no light on?

Hi,

i generate a scene by 3DS Max and exported it with OgreMax for using it in JME.

I also generated in this exported file a Spotlight, which is seen in the SceneComposer…But, i have to click on the light-button in SceneComposer to turn this light on. Now i attach this scene to my project

Spatial testSceneObj= assetManager.loadModel(“Models/scene3.scene”);

(Spatial testSceneObj= assetManager.loadModel(“Models/scene3.j3o”); << same result…)

But i have a black and dark visualization of my meshes…As there is no light on…If I add a directional light, i see the meshes in the right way…So my question…

How can i toggle my light out of the scene on (by Code)? Is there a possibility? Or what can i do to see my imported Light?

Kind regards!

Hm ok, but why is there a possibility for importing a whole Scene by " *.scene" ?

I have an exposed scene for using it in my jme-project…Is there really no possibility to get these lightsettings imported as well?

The light is not imported, plain and simple. Its a model importer, not a light importer :wink:

@normen said:
The light is not imported, plain and simple. Its a model importer, not a light importer ;)

I don't think there's anything else to add. *shrug* Alternatively, if you feel like it, you can add that functionality. Just a suggestion.

Ok…thank you…Then i had to use another engine…

2 Likes
Hm ok, but why is there a possibility for importing a whole Scene by ” *.scene” ?

why? to load a scene...

its not blender engine. JME is using diffrent lighting(specialized for games). Blender is art tool, and lights can have many attributes for animation render, not realtime render. I think that's why.

if you dont know what is diffrence between game engine and art tool..... then ok.

edit: sorry, maybe not blender, but all of this are art tools

this art tools can use raytracing lighting / etc. many attributes are usable in diffrent way than in game engines.
there is possibility to get only some of attributes, but it is not professional. the best way is to use game engine based lighting.
1 Like

The light is imported, actually.

Make sure you configure your exporter to export it though, its probably disabled.

1 Like

I can export lights as a Node, but it is not visible ( = light is not on )… :confused:

Edit: If i export a simple Cube with a light…I see the Cube highlighted by a Light in JME!..So it is working…I think it was a problem in my exported Scene…Thanks for the last post!!!

Make sure you’re loading the .scene file and not the .mesh.xml file