[solved]Windows 8 or Radeon HD 6670?

hello, i just have new ultra Computer and i have a problem.

i have shit Windows 8 and Radeon HD 6670

here is exception with every JME App:

SEVERE: Failed to create display org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method) at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52) at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:228) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:303) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:845) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:754) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.createContext(LwjglDisplay.java:140) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:113) at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:207) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

could you help me find a way to fix it or something to get it work? i really need it to use JME :expressionless:

PS: weird editing

What settings were you trying to run with?

What display info was dumped to the log when running the JME tests? ie: is it seeing the Radeon or does your machine also have an embedded intel GPU that it sees instead?

1 Like

i have tried several settings like:

1920x1080 / 800 x 600 / fullscreen / windowed

about second question. it have integrated card too, indeed. but dont know where to check which one JME see.
Windows see radeon in system information about Display.

edit: anyway first hours of using new win 8 interface. i get annoying…

@oxplay2 said: i have tried several settings like:

1920x1080 / 800 x 600 / fullscreen / windowed

about second question. it have integrated card too, indeed. but dont know where to check which one JME see.
Windows see radeon in system information about Display.

edit: anyway first hours of using new win 8 interface. i get annoying…

When you run the JME tests in the SDK it dumps a bunch of INFO logs to the console. Included in there is what JME/lwjgl thinks your graphics card is. If you have two cards then LWJGL seems to mostly pick the worst one for some reason. Mythruna players see this all the time… it’s annoying. Usually there are driver settings that set this or force it to one or the other. For nVidia cards this seems to be dead easy. For ATI, it may require sacrificing a small goat, I don’t know.

Also, the resolution and windowed/fullscreen isn’t as important as things like AA. Lots of cards+drivers won’t work at all with AA set to anything but Disabled.

1 Like

You still need to install your manufacturers drivers, most internal windows drivers still don’t support OpenGL beyond v1.0.

1 Like

ahhh, i had drivers from CD, but when downloaded newest drivers from website, it work!

I’m sorry that I was annoying 8)

now logger see it:
INFO: Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6670

so it choose better one :wink:

Thank you for easy tip that work in 99% issues :lol:
i just thought that “new bought vid card” should have almost-actual drivers on CD key…

1 Like
i just thought that “new bought vid card” should have almost-actual drivers on CD key…
Usually you can just throw all drivers cds for whatever computer directly into the thrash in terms of actuallity.