Some help please

Well, its probably pretty obvious from the last post i made but i have no JME here at home, nor any idea of how it works. Could anyone post here a tutorial(with links) as for the required files for instal and use jme ? Or a link to such tutorial?

Since i am really new to this (of course i do know some basic to medium java programming) i have no experience with many programs for developing games, reason why i need such tutorial for having jme on my computer.

Please, could anyone help? Thanks in advance

note: i dunno if i need any program installed on compuer for installing jme, so if you guys could put that on the tutorial would help a lot.

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=the_tutorials_-_jme_2

note: i dunno if i need any program installed on compuer for installing jme, so if you guys could put that on the tutorial would help a lot.

Any, up to date IDE would be good to have, like Netbeans or Eclipse.

What is it you want to do with JME exactly? From your earlier posts, it sounds like you and I are on a similar level technically speaking. By that I mean if you want to make use of JME, not just see how it runs and works (say, just to better understand the work environment of the programmer you're working together with), you need to work on building a stronger technical understanding.

JMonkeyEngine is chiefly a tool for game programmers, not designers. More extensive tools like Unreal Editor, Torque Engine and Unity let you off the hook with some basic scripting knowledge and capability with built-in editors, but JME does not currently feature designer-friendly tools to this extent. We're working on it though :wink:

By all means, download it and make it work, but don't expect it to make your game development easier if you've never programmed a game before. At best you can play with it while simultaneously learning Java.

well, i am gonna use it for my college project, cuz i am planning on develop a game engine and  a demo to test it, and i was recommended by the responsible professor to use this program, since another student was already using XNA, and i too, by seeing the print screens of JME projects thought that the idea was actually nice and i am willing to work with it. However, for the first i will more toy with it and see stuff work because i am still learning java, so i will develop as i learn more, but its always good to already have a start on it by the time i start going serious.