Some strange issues (will list by level of irritation)

Took a few weeks to finish up a non-JME-related project, came back, updated the SDK and having ALL MANOR of issues.

List by level of irritation:

1. The SDK now fires off popups with warnings and errors… this doesn’t seem like it would be much of an issue, however when I close down a full screen app, the SDK gets caught in an endless cycle of warning messages (literally hundereds before I have to close the SDK by process). Anyone else seen this?

2. All sorts of render issues. For instance: I procedurally create terrain and use a shader that does trilinear compositing… I load a model and use a j3md with alpha transparency and the terrain tiles just don’t render. They arte being loaded into the scene (the models are attached to the same node before loading them into the scene… the models appear, the custom mesh does not… unless I don’t add the models… then the custom mesh displays normally). There are quite a few more… actually more than worth listing. The above however is the most relevant to what I am working on.

3. Memory leaks in the SDK and over the course of an hour or so I have to shut down the process and restart the SDK.

4. Ugh… actually… I’d be overly thrilled with just issues 1 & 2 beging resolved.

And… hi again!
  1. Yeah, what card and driver do you use?
  2. You’ll have to be more specific as various things in the jme shaders changed.
  3. Those are mainly due to an identified issue in the texture viewer in combination with changes in the direct buffer handling (I guess its direct buffer errors?).

Edit: btw, by “updating” I gather you mean you downloaded RC2 and installed it for the first time? Or did you update that to nightly?
@normen said:
1) Yeah, what card and driver do you use?
2) You'll have to be more specific as various things in the jme shaders changed.
3) Those are mainly due to an identified issue in the texture viewer in combination with changes in the direct buffer handling (I guess its direct buffer errors?).

Edit: btw, by "updating" I gather you mean you downloaded RC2 and installed it for the first time? Or did you update that to nightly?

1. GeForce 9500 GT latest drivers
2. I'm testing this now... switching over to loading materials via code using local copies of the Lighting shader which I maintain. This will probably fix the issue, however... it will only fix the issue for me, if it does work :( I would usually do this, however, I was testing something new and was lazy about implementing it just for a test. Though, I'm interested in knowing what changes have been made. Will get the latest version of the Lighting shader and do a comparison again mine to see whats changed.
3. Yes... Error in Scene: Something about a no render buffer attached to... can't really read the whole thing as it flickers each time it loads up another dialog box.

Ooop... forgot... nightly
@normen said:
1) Yeah, what card and driver do you use?
2) You'll have to be more specific as various things in the jme shaders changed.
3) Those are mainly due to an identified issue in the texture viewer in combination with changes in the direct buffer handling (I guess its direct buffer errors?).

Edit: btw, by "updating" I gather you mean you downloaded RC2 and installed it for the first time? Or did you update that to nightly?

2. Ok, got "un-lazy", used my shaders and added the materials not using j3md's and it rendered perfectly.

Apparently the last updates didn't get loaded on restart... they did this time... maybe issue 1 will be fixed. Will say one way or the other.
@t0neg0d said:
3. Yes... Error in Scene: Something about a no render buffer attached to... can't really read the whole thing as it flickers each time it loads up another dialog box.

In the older RC1 SDK, I get this if I ever run an app full screen. After that, the errors constantly go to the application log every few seconds and eventually I have to shut the SDK down because the log is too huge.

Now I never run full screen from the SDK. May or may not be the same issue.

Well, I have some of those crashes while using NetBeans 7.3 Beta also. And I had to reinstall it to stop some dependency bug with a plugin that I’ve never installed.

for 2. i’m surprised. The lighting shader didn’t change since a long time, last change was end of september, and was the reintroduction of the alpha discard threshold.

Could you compare your local copy of the shader with the one from the repo to see what’s he difference?

@nehon said:
for 2. i'm surprised. The lighting shader didn't change since a long time, last change was end of september, and was the reintroduction of the alpha discard threshold.

Could you compare your local copy of the shader with the one from the repo to see what's he difference?

Sure thing. Unfortunately, I didn't see this until just now, so I'll have to check it in the AM.

EDIT: Actually... I'll also try bypassing the use of the j3md files with the existing shader in case that be the issue.