Some update in jme

Hi everybody, try to write a simple game and get very good result, thanks to developers! So I go step by step via tutorials and get a question, why on page https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:beginner:hello_input_system I see “name, value, tpf” and when write it myself i got “arg1, arg2, arg3” think first variant more usability, isn’t it? I use a pom.xml which download snapshot 3.0.0 is it latest version?

@bobson said:
when write it myself i got "arg1, arg2, arg3"

If you wrote it yourself then why did you write it that way?

I use IDE Eclipse autocomplete, and it generate default code from jme jars with

[java]@Override

public void onAction(String arg1, boolean arg2, float arg3) {}[/java]

and

[java]@Override

public void onAnalog(String arg1, float arg2, float arg3) {}[/java]

I think in default jme classes variables must be more friendly, like in tutorial example name, keyPressed and tpf.

@bobson said:
I use IDE Eclipse autocomplete, and it generate default code from jme jars with

[java]@Override
public void onAction(String arg1, boolean arg2, float arg3) {}[/java]

and

[java]@Override
public void onAnalog(String arg1, float arg2, float arg3) {}[/java]

I think in default jme classes variables must be more friendly, like in tutorial example name, keyPressed and tpf.

This has nothing to do with JME and everything to do with your IDE's code autowriting.

You can see that in JME the code has proper names: http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/javadoc/com/jme3/input/controls/AnalogListener.html#onAnalog(java.lang.String,%20float,%20float)

You could always write the code yourself instead of letting eclipse do it. Then the names can be what you want instead of arbitrary ones.

Thank you for your time!

It’s cus you dont have the java doc of the lib to set… try compiling jme3 and it will generate a javadoc you could use.

Ok, thanks for advice

@Setekh said:
It's cus you dont have the java doc of the lib to set.. try compiling jme3 and it will generate a javadoc you could use.

Or even better you can link the jME sources and let your curiosity take over by looking at the code sitting underneath your game :)

Or do the best: use the SDK and get everything ready and set to go.