Something is wrong with Capsule CollisionShape

Hello!

I've come across a problem using the Capsule collision shape as the collision shape for the PhysicsCharacterNode. Put simply

Yeah I thought about making SPHERE the only available CollisionShape for characters since the others seemed to have problems (in jbullet already).

This might also be a problem with automatic CollisonShape generation, try creating the capsule collision shape before and add that to the constructor instead of just passing the int for automatic generation.

I probably failed to do myself justice in the first post, I've been playing around with this single issue for a few days while also working on a debug drawer to render the wireframe collision shape as held by jbullet (but that's another story though).

I've tried creating the capsule from all the available constructors and they all behave the same, I just went with the simple example as it's easiest to recreate.

norman wrote:
since the others seemed to have problems
I agree, having also tried the other shapes.
norman wrote:
making SPHERE the only available CollisionShape
Sensible choice
monkey_scratches_head said:

while also working on a debug drawer to render the wireframe collision shape as held by jbullet (but that's another story though).

Cool, hope to see some contributions on that front :D

Sensible choice
norman wrote:
Cool, hope to see some contributions on that front  XD
Eventually, when it's in a decent enough state (still working on rendering the PhysicsCharacterNode).

Eventually, when it's in a decent enough state (still working on rendering the PhysicsCharacterNode).

I can set up a branch in jbullet-jme for you. This way it would also be easier for me or others to jump in and help out.
norman wrote:
I can set up a branch in jbullet-jme for you.
Cool, if you setup the branch and give me write access I'll check in what I've done, and even refactor it to fit nicely with jbullet-jme (as currently it's part of a separate project).

Just PM me with the login / svn details

Cheers
Chris